Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Map Art button gone in new 3D and Materials

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Ai a couple days ago. The new 3D and Materials window does not have the Map Art button. It does not show up when I search for it in the Help dropdown, either. Map Art was so simple, and it's exactly what I need right now. Is it gone forever? Is there a work around? I'm trying to map a jpeg to a 3D object.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021
Use the Effect > 3D and materials > 3D (Classic)

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Effect > 3D and materials > 3D (Classic)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you, sir - i was about to have a heart attack when i couldn't find it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok when you just want to use the Classic 3D, but I don't think you can combine the new Materials with Map Art right now..?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need the Substance tools to create materials that use your own artwork when you want it in the new 3D effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous that the mapping feature has been taken away from this now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a work in progress. 

3D and Materials (Technology Preview)

Adobe continues to invest in new capabilities that would enhance the Illustrator experience. We would like you to participate and try out 3D and Materials feature and provide feedback. Please note that the feature is in Technology Preview, and hence some of the capabilities would evolve including performance. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines