• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Script Dimensions Illustrator

Enthusiast ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed the Illustrator version of the Dimensions script. Get it at the link below. Like the InDesign version, the script makes dimension marks in Illustrator.

It may be helpful to view the conversation about the InDesign version: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/new-script-dimensions-indesign/td-p/12026461

In that conversation is a link to a video showing how it works, which mostly applies to the Illustrator version as well. There are a few differences. Soon I'll make a new video dedicated to the Illustrator version.

To download, and how to use the script, visit http://www.marspremedia.com/software/illustrator/dimensions-illustrator

How to use the script may be obvious, but I suggest users read the section "Further reading: differences from the InDesign version of the script." This explains important differences that were not obvious to my test users, until I explained what the script does. At least review this section of the page: http://www.marspremedia.com/software/illustrator/dimensions-illustrator#further-reading

This is version 1.0 so I fully expect something won't work right. Please let me know, in this conversation or website contact page. All feedback is welcome.

Thank you all for your interest and support.

William Campbell
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Got it fixed. At least by my light testing. Please download and help me ensure it's working OK. I would appreciate it.

Updated version 3.6 on website now...

https://www.marspremedia.com/software/illustrator/dimensions-illustrator

THANK YOU for your feedback. I wouldn't know otherwise until next time using the script myself. Let me know if any other trouble with it. I'll get right on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

I've been so busy I forgot to come back here and post a link to the the video, which is now done.

https://youtu.be/6mOVh3YALYw

Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Can't you just select the right path points with a Lasso tool, for example, and run the Move panel?

move.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

@babynoogz 

or simple write in the control bar (x or y coordinate) your desired value after the current value - in your case: +1/4 inch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got the update. But not 26.4 which I'm sure is broken. It's 26.4.1 instead. Looks like Adobe realized the bug and fixed it. My simple test (last post) works OK now, but now my script is getting null for the selection property, but the test script gets it fine. So I'be tracking down what that is all about. Also I notice they have changed the UIScript buttons to square now.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was what I was looking for but I'm not sure it's quite it. I'm looking for the best way to easily adjust individual points on an illustrator shape using specific dimensions or measurements. For example, I am making a sewing tech drawing but need to adjust one of the edges to be 1/4th inch longer. I don't want to adjust the whole shape, because it will adjust certain points that need to stay in a specific position. I usually manually adjust the coordinates by using my calculator to add or subtract the difference and imput that number into the transform panel, but that it very time consuming. Do you know of anything that would help here? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you just select the right path points with a Lasso tool, for example, and run the Move panel?

move.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@babynoogz 

or simple write in the control bar (x or y coordinate) your desired value after the current value - in your case: +1/4 inch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh sweet! I had no idea you could do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script Dimensions does not alter elements. It only reports their size.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines