Exit

open file different

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone 
I hope all fit and healthy 
I have an issue with pdf in illustrator, when I open pdf in acrobat reader dc pro the file is ok but when i opened it in illustrator the file is changed.
can anyone give me the resolve, please 
I attached file to see what's happened?
many thanks 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry, I can't get the difference but if you plan to reopen the PDFs creates with Illustrator you should check "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" in the general section of the Save Adobe PDF window.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first many thanks for your fast response Mr.marliton
and I'm very sorry because I'm sure you can't catch the problem with a lot of data, and I highlighted the problem to more focus
I trying work with your answer but that did not resolve my problem
Acrobat_kq9QdTuwWg.pngIllustrator_1aFIpGigaz.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I can see the issue now. It's quite strange because not only the second element (the Recycled label) has moved but the third element changed its structure. How were the highlighted elements created? Can you share an illustrator file with just that elements?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Mr.marliton
sorry for the late response, sure but I edit the file because the client needs the design for print.
but I have another PDF with the same problem. I will send you in reply soon
appreciated your help
with many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr.marliton

finally, I get same the problem with the new pdf I make in illustrator
please download the attachment the problem is the circle is shown in adobe acrobat but i don't find it when I opened in illustrator

the file in the link :
https://we.tl/t-5mHoTh9GVL

note: version illustrator is 23.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-05-14 152515.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this. If a file is made in Illustrator, then edited in Acrobat, Illustrator only sees the original file, and the edits in Acrobat are always lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, I make and edit in Illustrator for that I surprised by what's happened and I faced this problem more once at different time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I opened the PDF on Illustrator (it's not the ideal workflow but it's for testing). The file opened on Illustrator without the extra circles. Then, I created a new PDF and I didn't get the extra circles. I used the PDF/X-1a preset. Can I get the original .ai file? I'm very intrigued by this issue.

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 12.44.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-15 at 12.44.23 PM.png

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that, but the sizes (S M L XL) are totally different in the pdf and the.ai file.

Saving the .ai file as pdf gives the result you would expect, no changes between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mr.Marlon Ceballos.

actually, I save forced pdf because I send the file to the client and after confirming I send it to print
for that, I don't save with Ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines