• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure is greyed out in Illustrator on Wacom Tablet on macOS Bug Sur

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a Wacom tablet today to work in Illustrator. Despite making sure I followed every step based on System Preferences, the Illustrator pen pressure is still greyed out. I know do not what to do. I've unistalled and restalled this Wacom program multiple times.

I'm running OS Big Sur, I followed a document with steps - still nothing. Very frustrating.

Has anyone has this issue? What am I missing?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Hi @jacaizda_555,

Sorry for the delayed response. We understand this is a long-standing issue, but it is resolved with update v26.2.1. Please update the app. This update fixes the issue of Wacom tablets not having pen pressure on macOS.

However, if you are not using a Wacom tablet, then I would suggest you install both the Wacom driver & your tablet driver, which will help you get the pen pressure. This is a tested resolution/ workaround for Non-Wacom tablets, and we have confirmed this with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I would like a link as well.  My wacom Intuos Pro pen pressure is not working in Illustrator either. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, a link would be nice.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nils6C1C @gammarART,

Please check the DM. I have sent the link.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Also having this issue. Can you please send me the download link as well?

Best
Philipp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get the link to the download as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cocreo.io,

Please check the DM. I have sent the link.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini @May I please get the download link too? I have an urgent work to do and I thought my Mac is acting up. Turns out it's the illustrator version.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, Can i get the link to Illustrator 2020, ahving the same problem with wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini 

I have the same problem with wacom, can you please send me the link too

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been experiencing this in my studio across all three of the macs that have a Cintiq attached, and have finally found what may hopefully be a fix for you. In the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility, make sure that Illustrator is added to the list of apps. Make sure that Illustrator is not running while you make this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

is there any current solution for this pen pressure issue with illustrator and Mac OS 12?
Or can someone please share a link to illustrator 2020 to get my work done at least?

@Anshul_Saini When you know about this issue – why do Adobe not share the link the normal way at the creative cloud app for the time the problem still exists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @gammarART 

Have you tried my solution above? The problem is not specifically with Adobe in this instance and is OS-related (specifically to security).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried.
But these options only appear with the ooold 2020 Illustrator version.

No chance with 2021 or 22 here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely tried all of the other solutions. The only one that worked was installling Illustrator 2020. The "pressure" option with the Blob Brush now works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I know this issue has been pending for a long time. But I am glad to inform you that we have tried to address it with the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

@seishinkuo @Showgato5CB4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now. Thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 2.55.04 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessss! It finally works! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that @seishinkuo @StefanoConradin. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!! Finally!! Finally!! 
Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is marked as 'solved' and I really don't want to be a drag. However... I still have this problem with my Wacom tablet on Windows 10.

I can use the pressure settings in the older Illustrator versions and even in version 2020, but then removed that from my system and pressure no longer works in version 26.3.1.

I finally created a brush in CS6 that uses pressure (pressure is fine in CS6).

I then imported this into version 26.3.1.

The brush IS properly set to use pressure and this setting is properly coded into the brush. But version 26.3.1 refuses to use that pressure.

I tried with different Wacom drivers but to no avail.

This is a bummer that has been bugging me for years since the Creative Cloud versions and I managed to dance around them switching drivers and turning 'Windows Ink' off, or on (it is required for Photoshop). I really need this to work; I use Illustrator professionally and find it a major letdown when I explain something to a client and cannot get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines