• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen pressure not working

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After last update I am not able to use pen pressure in Ilustrator. I have windows 10. What can be the problem?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Hi:

If it's a Wacom tablet, close Illustrator and any other programs you have open. Uninstall the drivers completely, unplug the tablet. Restart the computer and install the new drivers that you can download from the Wacom website.

At the end of the installation open Illustrator and make sure this option is selected >>

Devices_AI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphic tablet is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom Intuos pro

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

If it's a Wacom tablet, close Illustrator and any other programs you have open. Uninstall the drivers completely, unplug the tablet. Restart the computer and install the new drivers that you can download from the Wacom website.

At the end of the installation open Illustrator and make sure this option is selected >>

Devices_AI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you, it is work now:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.  I've tried completely uninstalling and re-installing the wacom drivers, as well as Illustrator.  Re-setting preferences also did nothing. I also re-installed the last version of Illustrator 2020, which DOES work, while any version of 2021 does NOT.  All other programs seem to be fine with pressure.  I'm running windows 10 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that- it also stopped working in 2020, just by switch tools and back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one last update- Pen pressure will not work in Ai2020 in a file that was created in Ai2021. It WILL work in a new file in 2020, and also if I copy/paste all the items from the 2021 file into a new 2020 file. Pressure will NOT work in a new 2021 file.  Is that all confusing enough? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. There is no help anywhere else. Still unresolved for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe, Wacom and Microsoft really need to TALK TO EACH OTHER and get this problem resolved already. I might as well unplug my Wacom tablet, stuff it in a closet and go back to drawing with a cable connected brick. Windows Ink is one of the giant problems in this mix. There has to be a simple way to disable a bunch of its aggravating smart phone style functions while preserving pressure sensitivity in the tablet. Or there just needs to be a way for the Wacom tablet to work fully without involving Windows Ink at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Wacom Intuos Pro M tablet and pressure sensitivity rarely ever works in Adobe Illustrator. Pressure sensitivity in Adobe Photoshop only works if totally worthless Windows Ink is enabled prior to Photoshop being launched. I suspect the on-going problems between Wacom tablets and Illustrator has to do with a conflict between the tablet driver, Windows Ink and Adobe's applications as well. It's a situation that remains completely unfixed.

Just to be clear: I really DETEST the Windows Ink feature in Windows 10. It might have some sense of purpose on a Microsoft Surface device that has no keyboard attached. On any other notebook or desktop computer the Windows Ink feature is absolute garbage. It's a really annoying thing that gets in the way. If I'm actively using my Wacom stylus for any kind of pointing and clicking into documents, and Windows Ink is enabled, I get all these stupid pop-up text entry dialog boxes jumping over the top of what I'm trying to type, inviting me to write the text by hand. There is a reason why typewriters and computer keyboards were invented: they allow people to write text much faster. Manually jotting text into a document or text entry box is like someone inventing a kitchen oven that requires the user to rub two sticks together to create the flame on the stove top. It's so stupidly backwards. Maybe I can tear out a bathroom and build an outhouse in the back yard and start sending notes by telegram to embrace this version of "futurism" even more.

99.9% of the time I have Windows Ink very disabled in my computer because I'm just not going to put up with the pop-up text entry dialog boxes. It would be nice if Adobe and Wacom could create some pressure sensitivity work-around that didn't require Windows Ink to be involved in the equation. That's actually how it used to be years ago. For now, if I need vector art with pressure sensitive touches to the strokes I just have to live with creating the artwork on my iPad Pro using an Apple Pencil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree about the windows ink-- it makes everything so hard.. I also have it disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone kindly tell me why my Wacom tablet (PTH-450) pressure sensitivity works just fine in a fresh installation of Photoshop 23.1.0 but not a fresh installation of Illustrator 26.0.1, using Wacom driver 6.3.44-2 on a brand new Mackbook Pro M1 Max?

I have tried every suggestion on this board, the web and at the Wacom site. No matter what I do, I only have the Fixed and Random settings available. Pressure is greyed out.

Again...works perfectly fine in Photoshop (and in Affinity Photo and Designer, for that matter)....but totally dead in Illustrator. If you have a suggestion besides "trash prefs", I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too. Reinstalled Drivers multiple times, tried past versions of drivers, double checked permissions are correct, tried previous versions of illustrator and photoshop and still nothing. 

I am on MAC OS Big Sur with a Cintiq Pro 24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines