Exit

Plug-in interfaces appears too big on graphic tablet

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-01-30 231414.jpg

hello,
I am using Illustrator v27.2 and Huion Kamvas 13 graphic tablet. When I am working on a Huion plugins interfaces looks so big and much of options are not showing as you see in a picture I attached. 

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a Premiere Pro forum, not Illustrator forum. You need to post it on Illustrator forum.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I am sorry. Please delete it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Ai forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I checked the Astute Graphics post but they mentioned the solution is change UI Scaling to small. But I cant see the changing UI Scaling options in version 27.2. 

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac but you don't have this option under preferences?

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1675114556861.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cemc18303069_0-1675114640625.png

I've got only got this options under UI Interface section.

Thank you for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Graphics tablet your only screen or do you have an additional external monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My graphics tablet is my second monitor and I have a laptop screen as main screen. Using graphics tablet in extended mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the resolution scaling on the Huion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Huion's screen resolution is 1920x1080 pixels and Windows recommends me to use in that scale. So that's why I did not change the resolution scaling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, on laptop screen panels are just looking as it's supposed to be. 

cemc18303069_0-1675115238374.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue is specifically with the Huion. I would change the scaling, Windows recommendation be damned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unplugged the Huion. Restarted illustrator. And the UI scaling was already small. So I changed to large. Still does not work. Also I changed 1920x1080 resolution to another scale and display was so bad on the Huion. (Black gaps on both edges and pixelated. 

Still looking for a solution. Thank you so much for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you change the UI scaling are you restarting Illustrator each time? The setting is not dynamic and requires a quit and relaunch with each change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. Restarted illustrator couple of times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am still looking a solution for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the suggested solutions from this forum and on Huion support say you should change your monitor resolutions. The tradeoff as noted in the Huion forums is that the display looks poor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/huion/comments/m2vv7c/ui_too_big/

https://www.reddit.com/r/krita/comments/bkrhed/huion_and_windows_specific_problem_with_scaling/

https://support.huion.com/en/support/solutions/articles/44002186240-how-to-fix-small-fonts-issue-on-...

One suggested solution on another forum was to check the "Enable HI-DPI" in the Kamvas settings but I don't have one myself to confirm that is still valid or works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cemc18303069,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to Kevin's suggestion, would you mind trying the following steps:

• Set Display resolution to 1920x1080 on both screens and scaling set to 100%
  • Set the Illustrator UI to Small from the preferences.
  • If this doesn't help, Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    Then rename the extensions folder to extensions.old in the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

If nothing helps, I recommend contacting Huion & Astute plugin support for further investigation.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your kind response. I tried steps that you suggested but none of them worked for me. As you mentioned, I will contact with Huion and Astute Graphics support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @cemc18303069,

Have you received any updates or solutions from the Huion or Astute Graphics support team?

Let us know if you find any workaround or solution to this.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines