Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin issues detected. AixFileFOrmat.aip

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator plugin error.PNG

Running latest version of Illustrator 26.3.1. When I press OK the app launches fine. But after deleting preferences, uninstalling, and reinstalling, I'm still getting this error message as well as other members of my company's creative team. I cannot find any solution that works.

System:

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

32GB memory

1TB hard drive

Intel Core i7-10850H CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2712 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Thank you @Anubhav Majumder for helping out.

Hello @Totoro Hugs @Annie Kitchen @Dead TacoSorry for the inconvenience. The ArcGIS Maps for Adobe team at Esri is working on a solution to address the plug-in's compatibility issue with the latest Illustrator v26.3.1. Please refer to the post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-blog/illustrator-26-3-1-compatibility-issue-with-maps/ba-p/1174826 for detail and workaround.

Xingdong

ArcGIS Maps for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

@Totoro Hugs @Annie Kitchen @Dead Taco @Sarah Bell Map A new update (v3.1.1) of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud with a fix to the Illustrator 26.3.1 compatibility issue is now available. Please find more detail here 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Sorry for the broken link in the post above. The correct link to the announcement is here https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-blog/maps-for-adobe-v3-1-1-update-to-support-adobe/ba-p/1179289

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Annie Kitchen,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Can you see the AixFileFormat.aip file if you navigate to here?

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plug-ins\Illustrator Formats

Are you using the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud? If yes, kindly uninstall and re-install the software from here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-adobecc/latest/install/install.htm

Kindly update this thread if the issue persists or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having this exact problem. I've reinstalled everything several times (both Illustrator and ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud).

The AIP file in question is on my system but the installer places it here:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Plug-ins\ArcGIS Maps

Illustrator launches gives the same warning as the person above got. The Extension seems to function but I'm unable to open an AIX file which is all I want to do.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on all systems with the ArcGIS for Creative Cloud plugin installed.  Illustrator is unable to use the AIX file format and tosses the error on startup.  This all started happening after the last Illustrator update, and it's affecting everyone in our company.

Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Updating the plugin doesn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Totoro Hugs @Annie Kitchen @Dead Taco,

Kindly try reverting back to Illustrator version 26.0 from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if it helps.

AnubhavMajumder_0-1653330849212.pngAnubhavMajumder_1-1653330879533.png

If not kindly reach out to the plug-in manufacturer for assistance.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Anubhav Majumder for helping out.

Hello @Totoro Hugs @Annie Kitchen @Dead TacoSorry for the inconvenience. The ArcGIS Maps for Adobe team at Esri is working on a solution to address the plug-in's compatibility issue with the latest Illustrator v26.3.1. Please refer to the post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-blog/illustrator-26-3-1-compatibi... for detail and workaround.

Xingdong

ArcGIS Maps for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Xingdong - Esri,

I am a plugin developer and I'm facing the same compatibility issue starting v26.3.1 in my plugin.

Would you know what exactly was the issue and how did you fix it in your plugin? Do I need to recompile my plugin with the latest SDK and that should take care of this issue?

Best Regards,

MT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @maheshthambe123 

The issue is related to the update of the underlying SDK document suite version that comes with Illustrator 26.3.1. Recompiling your plugin with the latest SDK 2022 should solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Xingdong - Esri,

Recompiling the plugin with latest 2022 SDK fixes the issue for me. Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to Illustrator 2021 or 26.0. This will fix it. The ArcGIS Maps for Adobe update to be compatible with 26.1 will be released soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Totoro Hugs @Annie Kitchen @Dead Taco @Sarah Bell Map A new update (v3.1.1) of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud with a fix to the Illustrator 26.3.1 compatibility issue is now available. Please find more detail here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the broken link in the post above. The correct link to the announcement is here https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-blog/maps-for-adobe-v3-1-1-update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It's resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines