• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proof Template

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was wondering if it would be possible to create a Script that would take a Selection or image and re-size it proportionally into an 11"w x 8.5" H document and place it Centered in a 10.5" x 6" box located at the top of the page. If possible if it can detect the size as being less than 10.5" x 6" then don't scale, but if larger scale down to fit Proportionately.... Then Provide a dialog box that would let me enter my job # and today's date in a pre-determined location. I've attached a sample of what I'm trying to accomplish for the finished look. I'm also Assuming the base elements will need to reference a file (or template) that would contain the proofing information if so we'll call it "Proof_Temp.ai"

Huge thanks in advance for anyone that can assist...

Proof Sample.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike thanks for responding... however your link just lead me back to the main forum page... Was actually looking for someone that has maybe accomplished something similar to my request...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the link to the illustrator scripting forum, you should have more luck posting there as that forum is visited regularly by some of the best illustrator scripting experts in the industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got ya... sorry I didn't realize it posted to the general Illustrator forum...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, the difference between the 2 forums are not apparent at first glance and the scripting forum is not easy to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Mac OS?

In that case maybe these people can help:

Tag72a for Adobe Illustrator - Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines