• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error loading plugins. DxfDwgFileFormat.aip" Export to DWG option missing in Illustrator 25.4.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Windows 10 machine and when I upgraded to Illustrator CC 2021, there is no longer a DXF option on either the Save As or Export options.

Also, every time I open Illustrator I get an error message "Error loading plugins. DxfDwgFileFormat.aip"

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Hi @stevel15736385,

We are sorry for the trouble. Multiple users have reported this issue on v25.4.6. I would like to inform you that we updated RealDWG from the 2022 version to RealDWG 2023 to fix an issue. RealDWG 2023 is only supported for macOS 10.15 or later, so now you have the following options to resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade to macOS 10.15 or newer.

2. Upgrade Illustrator to recent version 26.3.1

3. Install an older version, i.e., v25.4.5.

Kindly update the discussion if you still n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The »Creative Cloud App« alway tries to force me to update Illustrator and you, as a employee of Adobe, want to tell the best advice is in reverting to an earlier version? Do you know what you are writing? Instead of solving the issue for 3 updates, now, you want to revert to an older version of a software. Are you living in 2022 or in the 80th ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @uesix,

Sorry for the confusion. As mentioned in the correct answer, in order to avoid this issue, you will need to update macOS to v10.15 or later and then update to the latest version of Illustrator.

However, if you are unable to update the macOS version to 10.15 or above in that case you need to install an older version of Illustrator, i.e., v25.4.5, to avoid this issue.

This was an intentional change as there was a major issue that needed a fix, and we had to update the AutoCAD RealDWG library from the 2022 version to AutoCAD RealDWG 2023. The AutoCAD RealDWG 2023 is not supported on macOS older than 10.15, which led to this issue.

I hope that clarifies!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines