• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue"

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recently keep received the same pop-out while try to saving each of my files:

"This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue"

I notice this pop-out is appear once my mac OS upgrade to Sierra high and here I'm attached some screenshot for your references:

Thank you

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 10.49.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 10.41.40 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Illustrator forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving files over a network?

Re: This file has been modified outside illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. My editing all the original files and is all located desktop,

I did store my backup to a hard disk Seagate personal cloud through Wi-Fi,

but i won't make modified direct to the backup drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this the same thing as this post...

Saving my Illustrator files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since upgrading my MacBook pro to High Sierra. I am working only locally and do not have any auto backup on my system. High Sierra is buggy. Ever since I upgraded, my mac is running really slowly.

Consequently, when using AI on Windows 10 (believe me, against my will), after a few minutes of working on a file, I get the message "File in Use, Save under a different name." Let's just say that AI also has some bugs in its saving functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem using a Macbook pro with OS Monteray and AI 2022 - also occurs on my iMac as well- I get this message for every file I save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's fix seems to be limited to those using CC. Anyone know of a fix for CS6? I'm sticking with that until my computer will no longer deal with it. There's no way small users can afford the monthly fees of CC. Sucks that Adobe went with this business model .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

Adobe's fix seems to be limited to those using CC. Anyone know of a fix for CS6? I'm sticking with that until my computer will no longer deal with it. There's no way small users can afford the monthly fees of CC. Sucks that Adobe went with this business model .

You're on High Sierra with CS6?

The solution for that would be to downgrade the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on CS6, just upgraded to High Sierra on my 2015 MacBook Pro.  I'm also using Dropbox, so maybe that's the syncing that others have reported as causing this notice? 

Illustrator seems to be working fine on my setup.  I use it infrequently and also don't want to pay the very high cost to rent the new version monthly. 

Does anyone know if there's a way to get Illustrator to stop popping this notice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomhobby123  schrieb

I'm also on CS6, just upgraded to High Sierra on my 2015 MacBook Pro.  I'm also using Dropbox, so maybe that's the syncing that others have reported as causing this notice? 

If you want to continue using CS6, you should just freeze your operating system as well.

They are not fully compatible. So any issues probably can't be solved at all, because nobody has ever tested what exactly should work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Illustrator downloaded, latest Mojave, and latest OneDrive. This is still happening (or is happening again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and this just started happening when I upgraded to Mojave. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the correct answer in this thread does not help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not. I have the latest version of Illustrator CC and MacOS. I did do an experiment today, I took the file out of my OneDrive folder on my Mac and worked on it on the desktop. Not one error. Put it back in the OneDrive folder, errors started again. So, it appears to be an issue with syncing with OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I move the file from the file it is saved and put it on another file it will work? or it doesnt work if it's a shared account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So, if I move the file from the file it is saved and put it on another file it will work? or it doesnt work if it's a shared account?"

Please tell us your version and system

Please tell us what exactly led to the error message

Please tell us where the file is stored

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines