• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently noticing errors when moving objects around in Illustrator, especially while holding shift

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently noticing errors when moving objects around in Illustrator, especially while holding shift, and especially when zoomed in. Im trying to design logos, working with moving objects to create shapes and the object keeps clicking back to where it was before I moved it and its making this popping noise, twice, every time. It is super frustrating and has only been happening recently. Anyon else experiencing it? Driving me nuts!!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi All, @matth29187910 @MonogramCreative 

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue appeared earlier in v26.1 and later got fixed in v26.2.1, but it has resurfaced again.

The product team is aware of the issue & they have identified the issue and currently working on a fix. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice for updates and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Ai v26.3.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Illustrator version and which system exactly is it?

There are some known issues with Monterey 12.3 and a Magic mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! I didnt know that. I am using Monterey 12.3, Adobe Illustrator CC 26.1, and a Magic Mouse 2. This must be a new issue, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has emerged with the update of both Illustrator 26.1 and Monterey 12.3

Does it work better with a different mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have another type of mouse unforuantely. I'm pretty loyal to the Magic Mouse. I ahven't tried trackpad on my laptop but I guess I could. Any thoughts/word on if Apple is aware and if theyre goign to fix it? Does this issue have a name? Appreciate your help/time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and Apple are both aware and working on a fix.

There should be a thread on http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Please vote on it, so you will be notified of the progress it's making.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not only affecting Monterey 12.3. I'm not sure why you keep repeating this false info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @matth29187910,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is still happening. I'm running illustrator 26.4.1 on Monterey 12.5. How can I stop this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the new update just brought this issue back for me too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, @matth29187910 @MonogramCreative 

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue appeared earlier in v26.1 and later got fixed in v26.2.1, but it has resurfaced again.

The product team is aware of the issue & they have identified the issue and currently working on a fix. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice for updates and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Ai v26.3.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul - I'll give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still having problems even in the lower version :<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Redjyll28804882unzh,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still facing issues even after downgrading Illustrator. Would you mind sharing more details about the error you encountered while moving objects around in Illustrator? It would be really helpful if you could share the reproducible steps, a screenshot of the error, or a screen recording demonstrating the issue and confirm the exact version of Illustrator you are using, along with your OS information.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MonogramCreative @matth29187910,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I am glad to inform you that this issue has been addressed in the latest update, v26.5.

Please update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines