• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduced file size when saving from a document with various sized artboards

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a document that held many different elements on various sized artboards together, just to keep all of them from this job in one location.

I had a very large design on a 50x3 foot artboard, and many other artboards at 8.5x11 inches showing color swatches, etc. When I saved my 8.5x11 pdfs from this document the 8.5x11 artboards saved as 79x61 resolution.

When I created a new document with one 8.5x11 artboard, those pdfs saved corrrectly at 792 x 612 resoltuion.

Why did Illustrator save at a reduced resolution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

By using a 50'x3' artboard AI dropped into Large Artboard mode which for all intents and purposes is a 10% scale version of the file, therefore itn 79x61 size. The standard workarea for AI is 227"x227". Any size above this will force the Large Artboard option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @eliza86487273,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing some screenshots/screen recordings of the original document and output document so we can have a look at the size and the resolution? Also, kindly provide some info about the workflow you use to save the files as PDFs.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. ¿How are you creating the PDF file? Maybe there is a scale option set.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By using a 50'x3' artboard AI dropped into Large Artboard mode which for all intents and purposes is a 10% scale version of the file, therefore itn 79x61 size. The standard workarea for AI is 227"x227". Any size above this will force the Large Artboard option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your reply!

That makes sense.  I'll keep that in mmind for future projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines