Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore snap-to-grid behaviour for path handles

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

one of the new features in AI CC 2014 is path handles ignoring any grid. However, when one wants to construct C2-contious joins between seperate objects, precise control over the handle position is needed. I do a lot of icon and sprite art, and there it is imperative that curves from differnent objects flow exactly the same to create a smoth transition between individual pieces.

How can one restore the ability of handles to snap to the grid like in previous versions of AI?

Reagrds,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 105 Replies 105
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came to say the same thing as timeasley, InkScribe's pen tool works exactly like, if not better than, the original pen tool in Illustrator. It can create and edit handles on the fly without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw my mistake now... I used PathScribe instead of InkScribe, well that was stupid. At least the workaround works now, doesn't help on adobes side thou...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

''We'' ?

Have you been made the community spokesman .

From reading the comments  on this forum and others,  it appears some users are not aware of this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update of Illustrator CC (2015.3), the old behavior of handles snapping to grid is back in the Pen tool.

But if you need to move the handles freely with Snap to Grid ON, switch to the Direct Selection tool, start moving the handles and press Cmd (Mac) / Ctrl (Win).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad this is fixed at last! Next time don't break anything, K? And don't take 2 years to switch it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, thank you.

It's so easy to earn a gratitude! First spoil something, then fix it

Could you tell me, is there some sort of public bugtracker, so everyone could know about bugs being working on? I don't claim feature list, it's commercial secret, aha, but bugs! Ctrl+A not working with one character in string? Ctrl+Enter broken for Color palette? and for Live shapes too? I have submitted them, but no answer came, no reply, no traces about my efforts to fix new issues.

A little bit more publicity?

Every time I HAD to update (I don't own my workplace), I FEAR. Bugs keep coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines