Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as SVG

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I am newby on Adobe Illustrator. I was trying to save my projects as SVG. I followed  all rules but on my desktop, when i click, it ended up opening my Adobe page. It saved it adobe as default. not SVG.I need it SVG to cut it in my Graphtec cutter. I attached my screenshot . you guys can see how it looks like.

thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannt you use  the .svg file here?

MikeGondek_0-1650996608430.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it seems like SVG but when I click it, it opens in my Adobe Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ipek24109652vebg,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I assume you want to open SVG files in the Graphtec Cutter application by default. If yes, kindly follow these steps:

On your Mac, select a file, then choose File > Get Info or press Command-I.

get_info_command.jpgget_info_box.jpg

You can change the Open with Program here to your preferred program (Graphtec Cutter) for handling the file type (SVG) and click on Change All. Let us know if it helps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually i have 2 different laptops which makes my designs on Mac and the one with Graphtech programme. I need to make my designs on my Mac and then transfer my SVG files to a USB driver. Can you just let me know how I turn out my designs into the SVG files on MAC book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what happens when you try to open the file in Graphtec?
If you create it on one comp and use it on another one, so yes, the first system opens your file in the nearest suitable soft which is AI. But what about the second one? Can you open your SVG file correctly in Graphtec?
If yes, set the system preferences as @Anubhav Majumder suggests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines