• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen flashing when I move the mouse

Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This flashing thing happens occasionally (video attached). I can quit and restart and it usually fixes the problem, but it keeps coming back...

Using up to date Mac OS system software with the most up to date version of Illustrator.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Thanks for confirming that and sharing the screenshot. So, from my understanding, once it starts, it keeps on happening until you restart the app. But does it happen every time after you relaunch the app or after working for some time, and does it happen every day? I just want to know how frequently it is happening.

Next time it happens, I would request you to check the following things and let me know:

• Which apps are running in the background
  • Open Activity Monition and take a screenshot of b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't really see any flashing from your video I am afraid. Two things come to mind. First, is your video card compatible with the current version that you are running. Alternatively, have you checked your video card?  You say it happens occasionally and that might be the beginning of a video card problem rather than an Illustrator one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sarahpeller,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would request you to share a few details like:

1. System specification - GPU Model, GPU driver version, Operating System, and its build number.
  2. Display(s) specification - Model No. & Screen resolution.
  3. Is it happening while working on a specific file or all?
  4. A small screen recording of the issue would be really helpful.
  5. Illustrator version in which it is happening. Also, please update to Ai v26.2.1, released recently, and let us know if this is happening in it as well?
  6. Screenshot of Color Profile/ Settings
  7. Is Photoshop opened simultaneously or running in the background? Does closing it resolves the issue?

We require this information to investigate the issue further. I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this. What's interesting is that I just bought a new computer and new external monitor and I'm still getting the flashing screen on my new mac / monitor as well.

I'll answer some of your questions, but since I have a brand new 2022 Mac Studio and a new
SAMSUNG U28E590D 28-Inch 4k UHD LED-Lit Monitor, I'm guessing perhaps you don't need the specs on my computer anymore? Just let me know if you still do and I'll send next.

It happens randomly on various files.

I'm adding a screen recording here.

Using Illustrator 26.2.1

Not sure how to look up the color profile settings?

Closing PS didn't resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, @sarahpeller. Please correct me if I am wrong. I assume this flashing issue is intermittent and can't be reproduced on demand?
 Please go to the edit menu > Color settings and share the screenshot here. I as

Also, rather than closing & reopening the app, you may try toggling between CPU & GPU mode using the cmd+e shortcut key. Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be reproduced once it starts doing it. It doesn't stop until I close the program. But it's not always flashing.

I attached my color settings screenshot.

I will try the key command you sent me the next time it starts doing the flashing again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that and sharing the screenshot. So, from my understanding, once it starts, it keeps on happening until you restart the app. But does it happen every time after you relaunch the app or after working for some time, and does it happen every day? I just want to know how frequently it is happening.

Next time it happens, I would request you to check the following things and let me know:

• Which apps are running in the background
  • Open Activity Monition and take a screenshot of both Memory and CPU usage.
  • Turn off GPU using the cmd+E tab.

I Will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for your response! I very much appreciate it!

No, it doesn't happen every time. In fact, this time, it was fine for a few days. But I went into an open file in Illustrator this morning and it was doing the flashy thing again. If I had to guess, I'd say it does this thing about once a week, but not every day.

Apps running in the bg: 

Chrome, Mac Calendar, Evernote, Spotify, InDesign, Photoshop, Paymo Widget, TimeOut, Messenger, Suitcase Fusion

Command-E just fixed the flashing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I am glad to hear that using cmd+e resolved the issue, but I must inform you this is not a proper solution. We are working hard to reproduce the issue so we can investigate it and create a fix for this.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into other issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll let you know if anything else comes up.

--

(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont even want to think about it, right now, but i've dealt with this problem for several months. i use a 32"BenQ and M2 maxed out mini... this is a huge thing i now have to remember... dope! Baaarrrtt! Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT WORKED! command+e

WOW. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines