• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error everytime I open Illustrator, how can I fix it?

error in c:/program files (x86)/common files/adobe/startup scripts cc/adobe indesign/indesign-v17.0.jsx line 1: i/o error

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer, but you can try @Charu Rajput's suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using an InDesign script in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I dont think so, how can I check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 've got the same problem at the illutrator start.

erreur illustrator c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\adobe\Startup Scripts CC\Adobe Indesign\indesign-v17.0.jsx

Anyone have a solution ?

Since I have this pb illustrator crash very often when I save Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Indesign and I 've got the same message for a startup script photoshop !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this question at least half a dozen times now.  The problem is nobody comes back to tell us what the solution was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the commented out section at the top it says:

"This JavaScript is to be read by Bridge, InDesign, and other Adobe apps at launch. It enables some InDesign-Bridge integration and implements the InDesign CrossDOM for other apps."

I'm guessing, but if you're not using Bridge or InDesign and Illy on the same project, just delete (or move) it, and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Victoria Parre @studio217591403xsy,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would request you to share a few details like:

• The exact version of OS and its built number
  • The exact version of Illustrator
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Would it be possible for you to compress the Startup Script folder in the Zip file from the location mentioned in error and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here with us?

Also, when does this error pop up while launching the app or while using the app? Does the app close/ crash or start not responding after clicking on the "Ok" button?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• version of OS → Windows 10, version 21H2

• version of Illustrator → 26.2.1

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? → when I installed InDesign a little over a month ago

• when does this error pop up while launching the app or while using the app? → both

• the same kind of error happen  errirDoes the app close/ crash or start not responding after clicking on the "Ok" button? → both

The problem is that the location mentioned in the error is invalid :

• error message : c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Starup Scripts CC\Adobe InDesign\indesign-v17.0.jsx

• location on my computer : c:\Programmes (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Starup Scripts CC\Adobe InDesign\indesign-v17.0.jsx

While launching the app or while using the app, it depends... the same kind of error occurs mentioning the . jsx file of Photoshop (invalid path too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details @stf cromaline.

I would request you to share a small video demonstrating the issue, including the location mentioned in the error message. It would be really helpful for us.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @stf cromaline,

I am just following up to see if you are still facing this issue, or is it resolved now? If it is not, would it be possible for you to have a debug session with us? If yes, please send me your Adobe ID, Country & Timezone, phone number with country code, preferred day and time for a call over a private message.

To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the " Send a message" button.

Also, multiple users have reported the same, but in their case, deleting the Startup Script CC folder resolved the issue but in your case location is different as you mentioned above.

Also, we are unable to replicate the issue at our end even with the Startup Script CC folders shared by other users.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your concern.

The issue is not resolved.

<Personal info removed by MOD>

This week, i'm available in the morning on thursday and friday. Otherwise monday morning in general.

And, i prefer french for a call 🙂

Regards,

Stéphanie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me @stf cromaline and sharing the contact details. I have captured your personal information & deleted it as this is a public community.

I am afraid the debug session will be done via the Product team members, and they will be conversing in English only.

Also, please confirm the exact preferred time for a call in the morning on Friday.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but i have an unexpected professional event tomorrow.

Can we reschedule for monday at 10:00 am ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Thanks for confirming the time, @stf cromaline. The concerned team will send you the Microsoft Teams invite via email, or I will share it with you via DM.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H. @stf cromaline,

I've sent a DM for Microsoft Teams meeting link for debug session on Monday 25th April, 10 AM UTC+1.

Please join the meeting at the specified time.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Meeting didn't work : there was no participant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @stf cromaline,

I checked, and it seems there is timing confusion. According to the team, you joined 1.5 hours earlier than the scheduled meeting time. The product team members joined the meeting at the scheduled time, and they also tried calling you multiple times on your cell number, but it went to voice mail.
Can we reschedule the meeting to another time & day?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines