Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script. Insert text number in the middle of visible bounds of the each object

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Adobe Illustrator CS 6

I have script, wich groups filled paths by colors. Link to script and traced image. Traced_image.rar - Google Drive

I have traced image, it has 25 colors. The script creates 25 groups, paths of each color in each group.

I need to modify script, i want to insert text number in visible middle of the each filled path. So one group is one number. From 1 to 25.

Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Hello all, here comes the final version.

This time "offset path effect" been used. I thought this is a possible way at beginning, but never give it a try, until today.

It deal with both Path and Compound Path. Test the sample document, it only took 31 seconds.

cap.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for this script it is AMAZING! is there a way to have this number in sequence from top left to bottom right like in the non script version on the image?

NUMBERING.jpg

If anyone can crack this for me, it will get me a lot of praise at work (maybe even a pay rise!) *fingers crossed*

TIA

Ricky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one of us will help you get that pay raise, it is not an easy task though, as soon as one of us finds some time. Be patience.

can you share a file to play with?

what do you do? what's the purpose for numbering (I'm just being curious).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be absolutely amazing. People at work are already astonished I managed to find this, it will save us hours.

Hopefully this share works... link --->  Adobe Document Cloud

I can be patient but I am pretty excited haha. I brand vehicles and a lot have chevrons. We number them for the client to pin point which pieces need replacing.

If you need anymore info or anything, let me know!

Thank you all so much! I love this forum!

Ricky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work, I can't wait to have some spare time to have a look at your script.
getting it to run in 30 sec is good, will be nice to see you method.

it's great to see a idea from left of center get taken up and built on until it actually becomes a usable tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good job moluapple, I was working on my own version using Offset Path Effect as well, I'll post it if I can get it to work in 30 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos, will glad to see your version if your have finish, regardless of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script doesn't work for me. Only one number can be included there (only the number 1 in all sectors for all colours, instead of showing the whole set of numbers). I need all the numbers from 1 to 24. Can you please advise where the problem is?

product_157143.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Can i have a question for you, how did you used this script? because I get the error: 
in image.Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.40.31.png

What script did you use from all the listed above? Can anyone please help us solve this problem? We need it so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear moluapple, can you please help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines