• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Import Options Dialogue Box Not Working

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using macOS Monterey 12.6.1 and Adobe Illustrator 27.1.1. I am trying to use the import options to place a layered Photoshop file but when I go to File/Place and check the box "Show Import Options" Illustrator doesn't bring up the dialogue box for the import options. It goes directly to place the Photoshop file. The other boxes (Link and Template) are unchecked when I go to File/Place. I tried checking and unchecking all the boxes to see if that would make a difference and my computer has been restarted, also, but the import options still aren't showing up.  Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Hello and thanks for the suggestions - it seems like my dialogue box import options are once again working. I shut down my computer over the holiday, that seems to have done the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that behaviour.

Did you already reset the preferences (this will erase all your settings. You might want to rename the preferences folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Traci25308905c7r9,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to know if resetting the preferences, as suggested by Monika, helped? If not, would you mind updating the macOS to 12.6.2 or 13.1 and see if that helps? If it doesn't, would you mind sharing the Ai & PSD files with us here or via DM with me?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the suggestions - it seems like my dialogue box import options are once again working. I shut down my computer over the holiday, that seems to have done the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to piggyback here... I too and having this issue now. Over the years I have used the place function 1000's of times to convert text to outlines when receiving pdf's from clients. So now today, "show import options" will not bring up the dialogue box. I then updated Illstrator to 27.1.1, restarted (windows 10 21H2) and have since reset my preferences and restarted again. Only "show import options" is checked when attempting to place the files. For this particular job, the client sent 34 pdf's and this only started today after the 26th file. What else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those PDFs one or multiple pages? Exactly what happens step by step? The dialog just doesn't show? Does the file get placed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Monika, most of them are single page. It would just skip showing the dialogue box and I would then have the chance to place, but it would be erroneuous - missing portions of the file. I have since uninstalled illustrator, deleted any remaining AI folders, restarted, reisntalled, restarted and it is now working properly again. Not sure what/where the glitch may have been and didn't think I'd have to go to such lengths for a remedy, but now back to work! Redo my preferences later!

Thanks again for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated Illustrator, restarted the PC, and still the Import options do not work for me (FYI, using the apps' latest versions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us your version and system and what kind of file you are importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a PSD file (Photoshop 24.6) into Illustrator (27.6.1) on Windows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That box only appears when you embed the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both opening and placing the PSD file in Illustrator, like it says here. But in neither of the cases the Import Options box appeared. Any idea why that is? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Paloma Palacio,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with the Import options in Illustrator. Since you're trying to import a PSD file into Illustrator, please make sure that you have the "Show Import Options" checkbox enabled when using the "File > Place" command in Illustrator. If the Import Options dialog box is not appearing, it could be a specific issue related to your setup.

To troubleshoot the issue, I would recommend the following steps:

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or need further assistance.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I just opened up one PDF from my customer and the import options showed up but when I go to open the second file the import options do NOT show up. This is incredibly frustrating as I'm spending way too much time trying to figure this out. As of last week this was not a problem and I've never had this happen before in the last 10 years of using AI. What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Brian34476872ko8x,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, a sample file (https://adobe.ly/3REQ66R), and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3RFXwGR), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines