• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SOLVED -- disable auto select layer

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this isnt a usual question, as i cant find an answer any where! however, since the update the other day, when i select items in a group of layers, it now no longer selects the group, it selects the layer inside the group. It took me AGES to move from photoshop to illustrator and get used to this, and now its changed

Ive seen videos of the new illustrator update though, and see nothing the same of the issue i have!

so in short

select group, not layer

possible?

Andy

---EDIT---

Turns out the file i was using is all layers rather than items within groups... panic over

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have solution how to disable auto select layer in Illustrator? where is it? where the menu? thanks

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know if is to lock the layers (or objects).

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks @Creamer Training , sorry for simple quenstion. on photoshop there is an option to 'disable auto select layer' when we click 'select tool'. Thanks, illustrator is diffrent.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that one could have thousands of objects on a single layer. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically what you are saying is that illustrator lacks this very basic feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you describe what you're trying to do, what Illustrator is doing, and what you think should happen instead? Illustrator and Photoshop layers are not equivalent and it's not clear to me what this option would do in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines