• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Striped line down middle of lines - how get rid of?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I have lines which have a striped line down the middle. The line was originally green and I changed it to a gray. Now the gray line (not a rectangle or any other shape) has a green center.

I am all for ideas like finding a cream center in confections, but any time I use the pen tool to extend these lines, the green-within-gray-line is added, not just the gray I selected.

I tried to isolate it and change the opacity and other trick to minimize the effect, but I just need to rip it out somehow.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 032343.png

 

Any ideas as to what is going on with these lines?

Any ideas as to how to correct without just deleting all such affected lines and redrawing?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Here's a tutorial how to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZooJyG2UT4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have a green fill with grey stroke..? What does your fill and stroke panel look like..?

Screenshot 2023-03-28 103339.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fill. That was one of the first things I checked. I also checked whether I could alter it using the "Draw Inside" feature, but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the Appearance panel, it could be another stroke added to the layer (select the layer to check that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the Appearance panel and also selected the different layers on which was found these lines.

Unfortunately, I do not remember whether the Appearance panel showed me anything other than that the opacity would not work on these lines and some other ones.

I am still interested to know what people think here because I am afraid it will happen again, but I do have to admit that I decided to just delete all of the offnding lines and redraw them.

One thing that may or may not matter is that these lines were brought in from Rhino3D. They were green when they arrived and then had the green center after trying to change them to gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it actually was a stroke applied to a layer, then this couldn't have been imported from Rhino. That is just not possible.

But what is actually possible is that you or someone else followed some bad advice. There are still a lot of tutorials telling you to click ton the circle in the layer in the layers panel in order to select everything on the layer. But when you use that in order to apply strokes or fills to the object, that tip is a recipe for desaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMDpnI5i7M0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tutorial how to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZooJyG2UT4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! I understand now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad this solved it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines