• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tapered stroke lines print much thicker than uniform strokes

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recenly been playing with the Width Tool to make some illustrations look a little less computer generated. I'm tapering the ends and using a few stroke styles rather than the standard "uniform" strokes. Onscreen, the lines are exactly the same thickness as my previous illustrations. But, when I print to my laser jet, any non-Uniform strokes print twice the thickness. Is this is glitch or am I mssing a setting? Uniform strokes print perfect, anything else prints thick.

Attched hopfully is a pic...

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thick lines-01.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of printer is it?

What happens when yoiu save a PDF and then print from Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, It is an HP Color Laser. I've tried switiching the appeariance of black but no difference.

I've just printed via a PDF and it does improve - but not sure I understand why non-uniform lines don't print direct from Illustrator (or Indesign).

Thank you for the PDF tip - it does give me hope that the illustrations will print out OK when sent to pro printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines