• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text corruption ?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this box is popping when i try to open my last file, after that, my work is copletely white, however i can still see my work on the previsualisation, do you have any idea please ?

Quentin259457545ho8_0-1662224182967.png

Quentin259457545ho8_1-1662224297914.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Hi @Qtndm,

Sorry for the delayed response. As Monika suggested, did you try downloading or copying the file from the network drive/ folder to the Desktop? This generally happens when the file has gotten corrupted or opened directly from a network drive/ folder. If the file size on the disk is  < 1 MB, then it is corrupted and can't be recovered. If not, please share the file with us here or via DM, and we will try to recover it.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is that file saved?

If on a network, try and copy it from the network drive to your local harddrive and then open.

Also: does it open in Acrobat? If so, you can create a new file in Illustrator and then place (embed) this file. This won't give you fully editable objects, but at least you don't need to recreate everything.

For the future: turn off "Save in background " in the preferences.

Make backups of your files. Lots of backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer... thie file doesn't want to open with acrobat... I don't know if there is an other option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Qtndm,

Sorry for the delayed response. As Monika suggested, did you try downloading or copying the file from the network drive/ folder to the Desktop? This generally happens when the file has gotten corrupted or opened directly from a network drive/ folder. If the file size on the disk is  < 1 MB, then it is corrupted and can't be recovered. If not, please share the file with us here or via DM, and we will try to recover it.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines