• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text to vector graphic does not work in Illustrator 2024 v28.0 getting error something went wrong

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new vector generation tool does not work, it loads the 3 options and when it finishes it says that something went wrong and the program slows down.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Hi @paholoc74253165 @designbyoomph @Stefano E @Nick26805734z5d8,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your experiences with the Text to Vector Graphic (Beta) feature in Adobe Illustrator 2024. 

I understand your frustration, and I want to assure you that the team is doing its best to find a solution and resolve the issue. I'll keep you updated as soon as there are any developments or solutions to this problem. In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/939477-illustrator-desktop-beta-bugs/suggestions/47336153-generating-doesn-t-work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Hi All,

We are sorry for this experience, @David33683667ynpe. We have already escalated the issue to the product team. The product team has requested to collect the performance log to further investigate. Here are the steps:

• Close Adobe Illustrator > Launch Command Prompt > Paste the following command and hit Enter set AI_ENABLE_LOGS=1 && "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2024\Support
    On Mac, launch the app from the Terminal app:
    AI_ENABLE_LOGS=1 "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2024/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ton Frederiks @leankiss15 @designbyoomph @defaultozloygtvgn6j ,

I had a word with the product team, and they want to confirm if there is an issue with the network configuration. Are you using any proxy setup or certain VPN configuration?

Also, how much time in seconds does it take before timing out and the error pops up? Is it between 30-90 seconds or greater than 90 seconds?

- Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using normal wifi, the error occurs for 60-90 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, no proxy, VPN and between 60-90 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confimring @leankiss15 @Ton Frederiks @designbyoomph @defaultozloygtvgn6j,

I've relayed this information to the product team. I'll follow up with any additional details or requirements for investigation.

In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/939477-illustrator-desktop-beta-bugs/suggestions/47336153-g...and sharing your system details like CPU, GPU, Device name & model, including the OS version.

Also, would you please mind checking under the new admin account to see if it is working or not?

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul, new admin does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it on both Mac OS and Windows machines. Works flawlessly so far.

For example, input text to create a pattern fill: "Colourful Flowers in Summer" can make this:

pattern_0001.png

Pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it as you said and the whole mac crashes after 90 seconds and I have to force exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Illustrator becomes very slow when I run the renderer. Finally he says something went wrong. He comes to his senses after a few minutes. Is this the case for you too? I also upgraded Sonama with OpenCore-Patcher. Could this be the problem?
system features
2.9GHz Quad Core Intel Core i5
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB
16GB 1600MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or persian carpet:

persian_001.png

Not bad at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me I would say in excess of 90 seconds however I have not timed it. It is incredibly slow before it renders my entire Macbook slow until I quit Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I an also not using a vpn or any special internet setup. Standard mainstream internet provision connecting via Wifi. All other wifi and internet connectivity is good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many times, but at the end of the process I always got the same error. What's the problem.

Something went wrong.

Please try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to version 28.0 the system is processing my promt but end with error messages saying something went wrong, please try again.

I am able to try the mockup and the Retype thou.

Please advice.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a know problem that has the attention of the developers.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/text-to-vector-graphic-does-not-work-in-illus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text to vector graphic not working and keep coming up with error message. has anyone experience this and what is the resolution to fix this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a know problem that has the attention of the developers.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/text-to-vector-graphic-does-not-work-in-illus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem here in my Macbook Pro. Shortly after entering a prompt Illustrator slows down just to show an error message after some time. I need to close Illustrator because my Mac gets super slow and unusable.

System Specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 

MacOS Monterey 12.6.6 (21G646)

2,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7,

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, he tenidos muchos problemas para hacer funcionar. Me sale un error. Hasta ahora se queda procesando pero no aparece la imagen al final.

Komoder_0-1697573940304.png

• Sistema operativo: MacOS Monterey
  • Cualquier especificación de hardware: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 de cuatro núcleos, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • Marca y modelo del dispositivo: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015).

Komoder_1-1697575071075.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul. I have the same problem.
But I saw that my laptop got hot when almost finished the generative task. I think the video driver can't finish the operation.
I using a MacBook Pro mid-15 and don't have any compatible error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I see more and more users are experiencing issues with the Text to Vector Graphic (Beta) feature in Adobe Illustrator 2024. I want to reassure you that the Illustrator product & engineering team is actively addressing this problem on priority. They are working diligently to find a solution and resolve the issue as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Based on the reports and on personal level understanding, it seems that this problem may be more prevalent on older Mac machines or those with lower hardware specifications. While the team is investigating and working on optimizing the feature, you might also consider trying this feature on a higher-spec or newer Mac if you have access to one, just to see if it behaves differently. This information could be valuable for the product team's investigation.

Thank you for your understanding, and I'll keep you updated as soon as there are any developments or solutions to this issue.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on correcting this issue?  I'm still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test on another laptop (windows) and works very well. 
Basically, the difference in the hardware between these 2 laptops is a graphics card (MacBook has an Intel iris and my Dell has a Geforce). 
Ram: 16gb both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would to add that my MacBook also has the Intel Iris. I read in another comments that someone who had the same issues thought that the graphics cards were the problem in that they were unable to complete the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul,

Ihave the same problem and can confirm it happens on older Macs, because my 2015 iMac with 32 GB of RAM has the problem, however a newer Macbook Air with 16 GB doesnt, it works perfectly there.

Hope you can solve this, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines