• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure this is an easy fix.  I am completly new to Adobe and desigining.  I created a file that has some white colored text.  When I submit it to my print shop to have DTF prints made my white text is not showing up.  Just empty space.  Any help>?

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick,

In normal print, white means No Print, just the (colour of the) paper.. Depending on your Blending Mode (Transparency), of if you have Overprint White on, the whiteness can disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So could you explain how to fix the attached file.  Thank you sir. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing underneath your white. 

Talk to your service provider how you need to provide the files to them so the white gets printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want white to print, you need to make a spot color white ink.

As Jacobe said "In normal print, white means No Print, just the (colour og the) paper"

And as Monika suggested; talk to your printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick,

I had to leave right after posting before the sun rose, and returned four hours after it set.

In addition to what Monika and Ton said, looking at your attached image, the white parts to be printed seems to be the inner part of the pompom and a few specks of white within the red parts.

But it is impossible to see whether the white part of the pompom and the nothingness above it and outside the hat form one path or are separate.

Obviously, the nothingness must be excluded from any spot white parts.

You can make sure by adding a differently coloured path behind everything.

But since you need the white parts to be printed, I believe you are printing everything on a coloured paper/substrate, and you may need to have the white spot colour under at least the paler grey parts as well, to avoid their being too faint and appearing darker/tinted.

You could also use the spot white under the entire hat instead of using it for separate paths, then just print the grey and red parts on top of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The inner white parts of that type are in the font. https://www.linotype.com/de/753123/ff-angie-open-black-product.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines