• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Operation can not complete because of an unknown error. [DFER]

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having an issue with linked images in files. Even if these files are packaged and saved in the exact same place, illustrator is unable to find them. I often get another error that reads: "Could not find plug-in to read linked file "Xxxxxx" Choose replace to selecter another" 

I don't know if I have removed an important plugin by accident when clearing the cache? or if there is some other reason for these messages? 

Hope you can help! 

Thanks,
Michael

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the files to a different format like TIFF. There are still weird bugs in OS X where certain JPG and PNG files won't be handled correctly.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MichaelDsgns,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the issue is resolved with the Mylenium suggestion to convert the JPG to Tiff format. If not, would you mind sharing the JPG file via DM and confirming the OS & Illustrator version?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no fix for this? I have hundreds of files with linked images and won't be reformatting them all to TIFF. I've updated llustrator and my OS but have been getting this error for quite a while. What's worse is it won't relink ALL files in the same folder. I have to mannually relink each one with 4 clicks. Very time wasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @tballard65,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, the folder location of your files, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3H3HEsX), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also. Almost daily now my links within Adobe Illustrator files will all break, it even embeds the low quality image of the broken link into my file. This is just creating tones of totally unnecessary work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sharon32286391ul6c,

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter technical issues while working in Illustrator. Would you mind checking if your files are located on a removable/network drive or a cloud-synced folder (like Google Drive/Dropbox/etc.)? If yes, kindly try moving your files to a local directory, like the desktop, to check if it helps.

If the problem persists, kindly share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, the location of your files, exact details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3wlF4fT), so we can investigate this further?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The files were shared by our agency and all repackaged in the same exact folder location. This didn't happen before in the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @SKIMEurope,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, link to a sample file after uploading it to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. and screenshots/screen recording of the problem, so we can better assist you?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines