Transform box too narrow: missing buttons

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running CS5 (Old yes, but still suits what I do).

My 'transform' window, for some reason isn't wide enough The blue 'shear' button ant the 'link' button (that constrains proportions) are missing and I can't figure out how to make it wide enough...

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the word Transform in the transform pallette. Do it again for a different size - it has four sizes if you include just the word. Five if you include the double arrow click to minimize.

There's also miniscule arrows on the left that do the same thing...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On what OS are you running Illustrator CS5?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove it from the Align pallette so it's stand alone, can you now drag from the right side or bottom or bottom right corner?

If not you might want to try a prefs reset.

Have you tried using one of the default Workspaces? Might re-jig the interface.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure the main reason for this oddity is just that Illustrator CS5 is not supposed to properly run on that OS version.

Strictly speaking, it is just incompatible and therefore you will detect some other things that do not work as expected sooner or later.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines