• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Effect

Participant ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im following a tutorial about using transfrom effect. I create a polygon shape adjust scale, roate and copies and instead of creating copies in front where I can see them they are all behind. Im using a gradient so its not transparent. When I do go transparent I can see copies. How do I apply this effect so copies are in front? Thanks for anyone who can help.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

If I understand correctly on the left is what you get and on the right is what you want.

Screenshot 2022-06-12 at 15.06.27.png

You could vote for this feature request to have an option in the Transform Effect to change the stacking order:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/39425077--reverse-order-option-for-transform-effect

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Thanks I did vote. I also found a plugin through CValley Filterit that creates copys and has option to check stacking order back or front. Worked perfectly. Hopefully Illustrator will one day offer the option to stack copies in front or back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Certainly not ideal, but in the meantime one kludge may be to make a copy of the live object, expand its appearance, then in the Layers palette highlight all items within the group that has been generated and choose the Reverse Order command in the Layers palette menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show your result and the tutorial?

I guess you want to use the tutorial to build something different?

Basically to overcome this, you have to build the artwork the other way round, since you cannot instruct the transform effect to change stacking order. Would be a good feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the tutorial- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTQMn5GkGk&t=2292s

Fast Forward to block 6 about 4 min in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry 40 min in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is it that you want to create? The same thing?

Note that the speakter is applying the effect only to the stroke, not to the object as a whole. Maybe that is your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at attachment, its applied to stroke and gradient fill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is this supposed to look like? Looks pretty much like in the tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that is the tutorial picture. I didn't  post mine. Mine is a shape with copies behind it you can't see. I can't get it to look like that cause his copies copy to the front and mine are in the back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His objects are also covering each other, but his object starts small and is scaled up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to create multiple copies in front instead of behind? I don't even understand in what situation would there be a reason to create copies behind something so you can't see them. When I copy and paste it's always in front. It's such an odd choice for the transform effect to create all the copies in the back of main shape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly on the left is what you get and on the right is what you want.

Screenshot 2022-06-12 at 15.06.27.png

You could vote for this feature request to have an option in the Transform Effect to change the stacking order:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/394...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I did vote. I also found a plugin through CValley Filterit that creates copys and has option to check stacking order back or front. Worked perfectly. Hopefully Illustrator will one day offer the option to stack copies in front or back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a nice plug-in. I like the option to change the stacking order and it also has the very useful option to specify the center of transformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly not ideal, but in the meantime one kludge may be to make a copy of the live object, expand its appearance, then in the Layers palette highlight all items within the group that has been generated and choose the Reverse Order command in the Layers palette menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I was looking for something that would reverse order and couldn't find it! That's a helpful tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines