• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble exporting my file

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I've made a poster on AI which I'm happy with and want to export so I can share it online- However whenever I attempt to export it parts of it go missing. There are a lot of clipping masks and bitmaps involved to create the gradients- might be affecting things

Screenshot (119).png

Screenshot (118).png

Here's how it looks on AI.

But when I've exported it- either to JPG or PNG, this happens-

smallArtboard 1.jpg

The most obvious problems here are of course the background, and the text- But the gradients aren't always quite right either:

Screenshot (120).png

If you look particularly at the exhaust compared to the AI screenshot you can see what I mean.

I haven't flattened the artwork and I'm not super sure of save settings either, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm on Windows 10 using the latest version of CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Can you open the saved AI file into Photoshop without anything dropping out? If so, you can most likely save your JPG out of there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put them side by side and highlight the parts, so we don't have to guess.

Please tell us exactly how the problem parts have been created and exactly what is wrong.

Please tell us the size this has been created in and at which size with which settings you are exporting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I have found that expanding the appearance can help solve some of these issues prior to export. Save as a copy first before trying. Also which option are you using for the export? Save for web? or another way? Sometimes in the export settings (Save for Web) Their are color options that can reduce colors like what is happening in this image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, armsdan Monika Gause really sorry for not being more helpful. I'm not sure how to expand the appearance of some objects because the option is greyed out? I'm so sorry, I'm really not that good at illustrator at all.

I created the gradients in Photoshop, saved them as bitmaps and imported them into AI. I've been creating clipping masks with them. Could this be an issue?

issues.jpg

The left image is the AI file on my screen, the right is the exported JPG.

issues2.jpg

The doc size is 420mm x 297mm. To export it I'm going to Export for Screens with a Scale of 4x, as JPG 100. It also does the same when saved as a PNG.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the saved AI file into Photoshop without anything dropping out? If so, you can most likely save your JPG out of there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. It has lost a tiny bit of contrast but I'll just compensate for that- otherwise works out well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to expect this to happen.

You created a raster in Photoshop. It gets rotated in Illustrator and then re-rastered into a completely different raster. WHat you're seeing there is called a Moiree. Always happens when two rasters meet, but don't exactly match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is the solution here to just not use rasters in illustrator? Or is there a way to easily convert them into vector- or should I do all my shading in photoshop? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leaht2327285  schrieb

So is the solution here to just not use rasters in illustrator? Or is there a way to easily convert them into vector- or should I do all my shading in photoshop? Thank you!

You should do this kind of shading in Photoshop. And make sure you don't rotate it after creating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tend to draw my vectors in Illustrator, then bring them into Photoshop as Smart Objects. From PS I add all of my shading and raster effects. More on Smart Objects and the power of them here:

Work with Smart Objects in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines