• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble with selection tool.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am on a macbook pro. and i just updated my cc to the most current version. i have never had this happen before. and it's very frustrating. slowed me down significantly. when i select an object, or a group of objects to move. i hear an audible blip, and i get a green circle with a plus (like i am moving files from one folder to another) and i am not allowed to move the objects. i have to try over and over again to finally be able to move it. i am totally confused. i am sure it is probably something simple. i just don't know what.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported by a number of other people. Something to do with MacOS 12.3 and AI 26.1. Supposedly Adobe is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks. glad to know this isn't just me. thank you for saving my sanity today!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported by a number of other people. Something to do with MacOS 12.3 and AI 26.1. Supposedly Adobe is working on a fix.

By @Larry G. Schneider

Did a staff member comment this, or is there a uservoice post? Can you link to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug, Monika listed a link to uservoice in a message a couple below (the message is in German).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I have read it in a post by one of the affected users that the engineers are on it. On Slack it has been reported, but no confirm yet that they are on it.

There are a couple of threads on uservoice.

Also: in a Facebook group there was someone who didn't have any issues with their Monterey 12.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not just MacOS 12.3. Happening on my system:
MacOS Big Sur 11.6.4
Macbook Pro Retina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my exact system. MacOS Big Sur 11.6.4  2019 16 inch Macbook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to revert to the older version again? i would rather work on the older version without this horrible glitch!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from the CC app:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 161658.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BJ23581667yvuh @BJ23715056rbsq @udderball,

We are sorry for the trouble. The product team is working hard on this, and the fix will be released with the next update.
The + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator only happens with the Apple Magic mouse.

I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not done already, and please be patient & stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may downgrade to Illustrator v26.0.3 until the fixed gets released. (This helped some users.)

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for your response. i have been using an earlier version of the program with success, but i look forward to the fixed update. it is wonderful to know that a solution is coming. thank you and your team for you work!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my magic mouse... however I have an old battery (original) magic mouse in a draw so I tried that and it does not have the same issues - seems to work fine.

So instead of reverting to an earlier version of Illustrator have a rummage in the back of your draws to see if you have an older mouse to try.

Adobe - please fix this fast!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @BJ23581667yvuh @Fesseyo @BJ23715056rbsq 

I am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines