• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open cloud documents in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on some documents recently and used the Cloud save feature. I don't normally use it but wanted to try it out. Now when I try and open them again, nothing happens. I just open Illustrator and the Cloud documents appear as an option and I click on them and nothing happens, no error message, no loading icon, just nothing at all. I'm able to go to my library in my browser and download the file and work on it that way, but at that point I might as well have just saved it locally.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Did you recently change your password? This was happening to me and it was not long after I changed my cloud password. I was having to close and restart AI to get it to open a doc each time. When I signed out completely of my adobe cloud app and then resigned in with updated password, it fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

7/30/22 update:

I restarted my computer
I signed out of illustrator

I reset all preferences

STILL NOTHING WORKED.   I was freaking out.  THEN...

Went into creative cloud icon, went to illustrator, found "my files" at the top.  saw there was a red exclamation on my cloud icon at the top right.  i refreshed it and it loaded my files back into the cloud.  still wasnt able to open them but then i clicked on the 3 dots at the top right and this allowed me to finally download the document into my downloa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was working fine for me until I clicked on the checkbox here, then as you said would not open. Did not matter if I single or double-clicked.

MikeGondek_0-1625779078833.png

I quit Illustrator restarted and is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if restarting the Illustrator worked for you as it has worked for Mike? If not, you may try "Sign Out" & "Sign In" from Illustrator (Help > Sign Out. {your email ID}). If that doesn't help, try resetting the preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.ug.html) and see if that resolves the issue.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Most of the time clouddocuments don't open. Sign out and sign in helps, but it cannot be that I have to sign in/out every time, isn't it??

My iPAd version is freezing a couple time a day, mostly when working with the layers.

I recently changed from Affinity designer to Ai , but it is not a happy experience so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/cloud-document-troubleshooting.html). I hope it helps you out.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you recently change your password? This was happening to me and it was not long after I changed my cloud password. I was having to close and restart AI to get it to open a doc each time. When I signed out completely of my adobe cloud app and then resigned in with updated password, it fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same similar problem with illustrator cloud documents every day. It's so frustrating. When launching my program, I am prompted with a window to locate my file. I do and attempt to load. When clicking, nothing happens, as if I never clicked.

If I a do the same from the creativ cloud app, locate the file, and click the file which launches the program, I can have the same problem of no response.

It's like rolling the dice. I have to relaunch adobe illustrator or creative cloud in hopes for it to work. Sometimes it works on first attempt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did u ever manage to track down why this was happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @James24036969yup5,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. Please confirm whether you are facing the issue with Cloud Document or file saved in the Creative Cloud network folder. I assume local files are opening without any issue.

Have you recently changed your Adobe ID Password? Are you using a proxy or VPN? Are you connected to an office or personal internet?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native files never have a hiccup. Since the last update, I haven’t
experienced anything, but I’ve also since then have tried to keep my file
sizes much smaller, less than 50mb. I’ve noticed that larger files have
been more prone to not opening unless I’ve attempted multiple times with
restarting of the program. Since I run a MacBook Pro from 2017, im now
considering if it’s just a pushing the performance on my end.--
*Remo Remoquillo*
Design + Illustration
Remo Remo Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Remo Remoquillo,

Thanks for confirming the issue you were facing, and glad to hear the issue is resolved for you with the latest update. While opening a Cloud Document, it is highly unlikely to be a Mac performance issue. It could be due to network issues or sync issues. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any issues while opening a 50mb+ size file in Illustrator. You can share the link to the cloud document, and we will check at our end,

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7/30/22 update:

I restarted my computer
I signed out of illustrator

I reset all preferences

STILL NOTHING WORKED.   I was freaking out.  THEN...

Went into creative cloud icon, went to illustrator, found "my files" at the top.  saw there was a red exclamation on my cloud icon at the top right.  i refreshed it and it loaded my files back into the cloud.  still wasnt able to open them but then i clicked on the 3 dots at the top right and this allowed me to finally download the document into my downloads (not desktop at first for some reason).  I hope this helps someone!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have exactly the same issue as described above but I do not understand the answer given. The options given in my Illustrator app > My files are: replace, remove, make offline available and select. No options for opening, clicking does not work. Never used creative cloud before... (always saved on desk). Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tinka26038314wl2q,

We are sorry for the trouble. If you see the offline banner or cloud icon with x displayed in Illustrator in that case you may try resolving the connection issues.
However, if that is not the case, you can manually download the Ai files from the Creative Cloud Desktop app "File" section.
Files > Your Files > Select the file you want to download > click on three dots > Download.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I experienced the same issue, the file in the cloud does not open in illutrator (still worked yesterday). But also when I go to "Your Files" and manually download it, it won't open the file anymore. I get the error message with the ID -54.

This is quite frustrating as some hours of work went into the file and I am unable to retrieve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jessica33504425waha,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to revert to an earlier version of the cloud document (https://adobe.ly/3vZ66to) to see if it helps? If the problem persists, kindly share a public link to the file here so that we can check it on our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines