• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use toolbar in Illustrator after Sonoma update

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated my mac to Sonoma 14.1/ Illustrator version 28.0. After update it is no longer functioning. 

Clicking any tool on the toolbar menu jumps the finder to the desktop. Clicking back on the artboard brings the toolbar back up but it is impossible to select a tool (key commands still work).

This did not happen before the Sonoma update and it only happens in Illustrator. 

Have done all the usual steps such as restarting, deleting all the adobe stuff from the library and reinstalling illustrator. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Todays update to macOS 14.1.1 fixed this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Hello everyone,

We're pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved with the recent macOS update 14.1.1. Please ensure that you've updated your operating system (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541) and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. Tried reinstalling. Tried installing other versions. Clicking on any of the top 14 tools results in landing on the desktop/workspace vanishing. Terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People have been talking about issues with Sonoma in this forum for a couple of days. You might want to search for their threads, maybe one of the workarounds works for you. And then also please head over to https://illustrator.uservoice.com and add your vote to the bug report to be notified when there is progress. You just need to enter Sonoma in the search box and see if your issue is listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below is for Photoshop, but you can also use the tool in Illustrator by performing the same steps.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/macos-14-1-photoshop-2024-v25-0-0-toolbar-bu...

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as well. It started to happen for me since the Update to macOS 14.1 Sonoma in the latest version of Illustrator 2024 (27.6). MacBook Pro 16 inch 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. This is most incovenient!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution in one of the links provided above - if you turn on the application frame, undock the toolbar by pulling it away from the frame, then turn the application frame back off, you'll be able to use the tools again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. What a pain that was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great it worked a treat, it was driving me bonkers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MontyDraws @KRBd2p @rolandp12773950 @George Tan @DavePod @T.A.Johnson @Faro80 

I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing with Illustrator's behavior on macOS 14.1. It appears that this issue is related to changes in the macOS update.

We are aware of this problem, and a bug has been logged with Apple. Our team is actively working with them on resolving it.

In the meantime, a potential workaround is to enable the application frame, or you can try the suggestion shared by @DavePod.

However, I understand that this might not be an ideal solution.

Additionally, you can upvote this issue on UserVoice (https://adobe.ly/47gDidc) to receive updates on its status and any potential fixes.

We appreciate your patience as we work to address this problem. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask. Thank you for your understanding.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todays update to macOS 14.1.1 fixed this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

We're pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved with the recent macOS update 14.1.1. Please ensure that you've updated your operating system (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541) and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just started for me after updating Mac OS to Sonoma 14.2.1.  Never had a problem with it before.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Bluetross,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Illustrator after updating your macOS. To assist you better, could you please provide more details about the problem you're facing? If possible, sharing a screen recording of the issue would be helpful. Additionally, confirming the version of Illustrator you are using and providing details about your Mac model specifications will aid in troubleshooting.

Feel free to share any error messages, unexpected behaviors, or specific actions that trigger the problem. With more information, I'll do my best to help you find a solution.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue on Sonomoa 14.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues. The menu options that say "File, Edit, Object..."etc are not responding after a few minutes of using illustrator. I'm on a mac mini, Sonoma 14.3.1, and current Illustrator version 28.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem and I am using Sonoma 14.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I don't know what triggers it. Key combo works to quit, it asks to save, and then I restart it. Hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not fixed. Still having this problem and wondering why the quality of Adobe products has taken such a nosedive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you update Sonoma to 14.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines