• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Underline Text in illustrator missing when outlined

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody having problems with the lastest Illustrator 24.0 when part underlining text/word and then when you outline the textbox the underline is missing? I've checked the file in Illustrator 2018 and it worked fine! Any idea's welcome.

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 11.59.47.png

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Object > Flatten transparency instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks yeah that seemed to work, though just asking if this is a bug as we follow a normal procedure for sending files to the printers by selecting all and creating outlines, I'm puzzled why it worked in 2018 but this funtion is hit and miss in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's a bug. Can only tell you that for outlining fonts in InDesign flattening transparency has long been the standard method of choice for the exact same reason. So maybe it's been Illustrator that has not behaving correctly in the past.

Outlining text should be avoided for a lot of reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, I agree lots of reasons for not outlining fonts, but this method is something I've been doing in my trade for the last 20+ years, and just testing it seems maybe its the font I'm using "Freesans" possibly, but not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, I've just done a few tests on this issue and it seems to be doing the same on other standard fonts, so it appears there is a bug somewhere in the latest release? anybody else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is stupid, why can't i do something as basic as underline a font.  I'm using roboto.

Are you flipping kidding me, why do you keep making all of your UIs harder to use???    You have to show options to see this now?     Dumb as.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As already said: outline your text with Object > Flatten transparency.

And you always had to "Show options" directly after installing Illustrator in order to see the underline. BTW: underlines are typografically not the best thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines