• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported video driver error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my drivers are up to date, but I still get the folowing error when starting Adobe Illustrator/ Premiere/ AE/ etc.

Knipsel-ai.JPGKnipsel-pr.JPG

When I click fix, I'm advised to update my drivers, but like I said all of my drivers are updated to the latest version:

Knipsel-hp.JPG

Please help

PS I also have Gforce 1050 graphics card, which also runs the latest drivers.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.
If you're getting this error with Nvidia graphics card. Please check out the latest version of the driver on https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us & see if you have any new version available.

If you do not see any update released within a year, then NVIDIA probably has discontinued releasing updates to your driver which is a bit old and either you can update the card or switch off this reporting via preferences.
Edit > preferences > General >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 238 Replies 238
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. We have launched this new feature which checks the compatibility of your machine. If after updating your machine, you're getting this system compatibility report.

You may turn this off by unchecking "Show system compatibility issues at startup" under Preferences > General.

I am also attaching a screenshot for your reference:

compatibility.jpg

Hope it helps.

Additionally, we'd request you to upvote & add your comment on this Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42662191-system...)and stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ashutosh. But I'm afraid turning off notifications for errors does not fix the errors. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any errors occur in your use of Illustrator aside from the compatibility report message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the notifications. For now no errors during use on illustraotor. So I'll be fine?

Thanks a lot for your help and time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I have found stability, performance issues, as well as some crashes.

Furthermore, I have had some pc restarts out of the blue, yet I cannot definitely say that those had something to do with the said problem.

My Adobe software has issues with Intel HD Graphics 4600, although I mainly use an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue and followed the above instructions worked.  I no longer get the warning message but what will happen moving forward?  Is this a sign it's time for new hardware?  Will my colors now be off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid such questions are for the Illustrator developers. Perhaps @Ashutosh_Mishra can help further.

In the meantime, try exporting the report from the compatibility warning window. I've only experienced this message with Premiere Pro, but the report gives more detail about what (it thinks) is out of date and what (it thinks) you should install to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michaelc12419196  & @Doug A Roberts 

Product team is reviewing all the concerns & queries raised related to this feature. In the meantime, in order to disable this report coming on every startup, please follow the suggestions given earlier.
If you have any specific concern related to GPU, do let us know. We'll be happy to look into it.

We appreciate your patience & request you to keep an eye out for this UserVoice post.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message. All my drivers are up to date, but illustrator is essentially frozen on start. The only button that works is the "fix" button. Ctrl+k doesn't bring up preferences. My problem is that all my applications were working a day or 2 before this, and this just started happening out of the blue. So I know my computer is capable of running the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @paw5D31 ,

You can press escape key or click on continue with existing issues to dismiss this dailog.

Can you please also attach the System compatibility report file here. You can get this by clicking "Export Report..." Button.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno,

anche io ho lo stesso problema di aggiornamento driver scehda video solo che il mio modello non è presente nell'elenco a cui si accede dal link. Allego il report che ho esportato, se qualcuno ha una risposta vi ringrazio in anticipo.

Grazie e buon lavoro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pernicious and unwanted feature that would not be missed. It smacks of behind-the-scenes collusion with hardware manufacturers. Instead of sowing insecurity across your client base, try running these kinds of checks at the proper place in the life cycle of your software: BEFORE an update is installed instead of harassing us every time we launch an app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (but with NVIDIA Geforce - not in the driver list when I follow the link) - I can turn off the error notification but I assume there will still be incompatibility.

I have just purchased a new laptop, specifically designed for use with high GPU demands, I would not be expecting to have to buy a new system now so this is all very worrying!

Will keep an eye on developments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Etcho ,

Can you please attach the "System Compatibility Report" file here. You can get this file by clicking on the "Export Report..." button in the System Compatibility Report dialog. 

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay, thank you for your reply. Despite my GPU not being in Adobe's list (and the driver showing that it didn't require an update) - I went directly to the NVIDIA website and found that there was a more up to date driver. Since installing this I'm not getting the error message.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue here with my driver saying it was up to date. I followed the same path as Etcho and downloaded a more up to date driver from the NVIDIA website. The compatibility issue went away so I'd say that's the best direction to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sanjaykr , could you please check my Compatibility Report aswell? Maybe there is an update for me available aswell. Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @J.E.5C20 ,

Your current Intel driver version is 23.20.16.4973. Even though a later driver would be available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630, but Illustrator would still treat this as incompatible as your card/hardware seems to be old. Though you should update the driver, you will still get the incompatibility warning. It is recommended to upgrade the hardware, but if you want to continue working, as in earlier version of Ai, you can suppress the warning from the preferences.

Though your NVIDIA card and driver seem to be updated.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sanjaykr , could you please check my Compatibility Report? I've already updated my GPU driver and Illustrator still shows incompatibility. Thanks in advance.

PS: My GPU es Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Camila Belen0101 ,

Intel HD Graphics 4000 card is a bit old and hence Ai is detecting it as incompatible even though It may have a new driver. If you can't upgrade to a new card/machine, you can suppress this warning from preferences.

SCRPref.png

 Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving a similar message now since updating my computer and illustrator. Attached is my System Compatability Report. I have an NVIDIA GeForce MX 150 version 451.67

Thank you for any help or insight you can offer Adobe support staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Zachary Mettler ,

I see that the latest driver for your card is available at https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/170799/en-us it is 461.40. Can you please update and let us know if it fixed the issue.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the insight and assistance Sanjay. Yes, after updating my driver card it seems to work. When I started up illustrator after updating I on longer received the warning. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines