• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Zoom in CC?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always held down the option key on a mac and scolled to zoom in and out. Doesn't work on CC. Is there a setting for that I'm missing? I can't locate it.

Thanks-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Apologies for the long wait. The bug has been fixed in the latest Illustrator CC update (17.0.1). Please install the update either through the Creative Cloud Desktop app or in-app by Help > Updates. 

For more details on this update, kindly refer to: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer

Message was edited by: amxyz

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 152 Replies 152
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the update Scott...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, this bug is a nightmare! Working in Illustrator CC is nearly impossible without scroll zoom. It's absurd that the issue is still not fixed 4 months after the first report. Please handle with the priority it deserves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott, I'm dumbfounded by how this isn't resolved yet. Seems like every few days, I see the notification for an update to something in the Cloud package. I see updates and MULTIPLE updates to a number of packages. I see BUG FIXES for CS6 products. You all can update Photoshop 6 times with bug fixes, there are bug fixes for Premiere, InDesign, and everything else, but yet not one bug fix release for Illustrator CC.

I see complaining moves the needle none. By ANY standard, this is one of the worst responses from a software vendor I've ever experienced. Microsoft could have fixed it by now.

Nice to see that Photoshop gets updated bi-weekly, but Illustrator CC can't get one freakin' bug fix in 4 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It's completely incomprehensible that we've had to go this long without this seamingly simple yet oh-so important function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to be refunded. I don't want Adobe CC anymore, too bad way to communicate with us, sorry.

I have paid for the CC, and I can't use an important program like illustrator in my workflow, It means that I can't use the whole CC because of i do not trust. what would happen if Adobe stop to fixing bug in Photoshop or Indesign? Adobe put emphasis to collaborative and quality system, but now why I have to trust? For me is better to use an old Creative suite that work and isn't expensive cause I have already paid for.

I think many of us have thought well before buying CC, cause of the annual fee that constrain to pay every year.

Now it's Adobe turn and Adobe is not ready for CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Illustrator CC - I get around it by some frantic option clicking when in Zoom tool - sometime it resets and gives back the - (Zoom out ) cursor icon rather than the error grabber icon. Its rather a "kick the box" solution but give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a joke, right? Well, we all laughed. So, now you could come up with the fix, ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obviously they don't care at all.

you should probably just use CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... I think I give.

None of the new features are worth the loss of our zoom. I'm back to Illustrator CS6 starting tomorrow. This sucks. How could this have even been released with such a major flaw? Furthermore how is that Adobe doesn't see it for the debacle that it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start posting on their Facebook pages and on Twitter. They don't care about what happens in this thread, obviously. But if we get loud on social networks, maybe we can get some action on this. I just posted on the Creative Cloud facebook wall with a link to this threat. The Illustrator page wouldn't let me post though, they might have blocked me since my last angry post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about twitter, but in the CC fb page, in May when the subscription only plan was announced, all negative comments got deleted...I haven't checked recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read post #90 in this thread. Or #62, which has already been marked as "Correct".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 august... 30 september...
What we have to wait? It's a crucial fixing, with this bug I can't work! I'm asking Adobe to have a refund.
If you buy a coffee machine that blow out water you came back and have a refund, and next time you don't buy this brand.
I do not know if my english is correct, but I know I'm angry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause wrote:

Read post #90 in this thread. Or #62, which has already been marked as "Correct".

what does post 90 or 62 have to do with deleting negative comments on facebook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause wrote:

That's a joke, right?

One month after the reported issue someone said "there's a plan" and then over 3 months later, there still has been no fix.

The plan is clear:  laugh each month they charge customers for a broken product, with a ridiculously easy bug to find and fix.

It's no problem though. These constant emails are reminders that it isn't fixed yet are also reminders to not recommend CC when someone asks.

Either Adobe is incapable of fixing this simple issue, which means you probably need to stop using their software now.  Or, Adobe is not interested in keeping their professionals who (use to) rely on their products productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all those posts say is that there is a fix coming sometime in the undetermined future, which should be obvious to anyone. what none of us understand is how adobe cares so little about their users, which is the real cause of frustration here. I use a lot of indie software/services and the difference in support quality between adobe and smaller companies is striking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! 

Mid 2012 Air

v 17 CC

Using Magic Trackpad plus a whole bunch of other mice.

Works in PS, and ID, but no AI.

Pinch-n-zoom is wonky and not an acceptible alternative for option+scroll.

Maybe the hackers who recently mucked around the paying CC member's account data could fix this for Adobe since it is not a high internal priority apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott, I realize you don’t have any control over this situation personally... But I just have to go on record somewhere as saying that I’ve found this delay really unacceptable. I’m embarassed to admit how much this breaks my workflow, but it does. I’d hoped keyboard shortcuts would provide an acceptable workaround, but lo and behold, Illustrator CC also seems to not infrequently fail to register my keypresses. Imagine my delight.

Again, I don’t want to vent personally here, but I would love for anybody in the C-suite at Adobe to hear this: When I bought your subscription, I didn’t ask for another cloud storage provider, I’ve got a couple of those already and they work very reliably, thank you. I didn’t ask for another portfolio site, I’ve already got one of those and that’s why I’m employed and able to buy your product, cheers. All I really wanted was a couple of stable, mature software tools that I could expect to be well supported, but everytime I pop open that CC menu bar widget all I see is scope creep. Thanks for the rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the awaited update to fix the alt-scroll issue??? Seriously, it's taken much too long now! Please fix it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck? Why is that bug still not fixed? This is so annoying!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have a refound?

How many bugs Illustrator CC have?

Too many to be able to handle something sooooo basic!?!?!?!

Adobe, what are you waiting for???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is Adobe team going to fix this problem? It has been few months. Suck..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess they will fix this problem in the next major release... unfortunately... this is Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really scared to wake up and find out that they "fixed" this problem into Photoshop or InDesign too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this has already been said but on a Mac you can pinch in and out to zoom in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines