• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White background added when exporting as SVG

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've created line drawing icons in Procreate, saved those files as PSDs, and then opened them in Illustrator with the hopes of exporting them as SVGs with transparent backgrounds. A few weeks ago I was able to export these transparent SVGs with no problem, but recently, everything has come out with a white background added in.

I'm new to this but have seen people requesting workflow for solutions, so here's mine:

- I right-click the PSD file in my downloads folder and click "open in illustrator"

- I turn on the transparency grid, and check that the file has no background. It looks like this: 

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 11.31.21 PM.png- I click "Export" > "Export As > SVG. Sometimes I click "use artboards," and sometimes I don't — I've been trying a couple different things. These are the settings the SVG exports with:

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 11.50.33 PM.png

- I click "OK," and the file appears as an .SVG, but when I upload it to Google Drive / drop the file into other softwares, it appears with a white background. I really need it to have a transparent background.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the SVG in Illustrator - does it have a white background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then use Illustrator to delete the white background.

If you don't know how to procedd, please show us how this looks in the layers panel. It needs to be opened in a way that we see the contents of the layers and groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines