• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your vector file contains a raster/bitmap image, and vector files must not contain raster elements.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added my collection of vectors and one of the issues that came back is: "Your vector file contains a raster/bitmap image, and vector files must not contain raster elements."

This is simply not accurate. My files do not contain any raster elements. I know this for certain, and there is no way that all files have that. Do I need to save them as SVG not eps?

How do I deal with this problem? I will give one file as an example below. I have included the SVG and the EPS. 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lycrest15,

Sorry to hear about this experience, and thanks for sharing the sample files. I was able to open both the SVG and EPS without any issues. Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the problem so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the rejection screenshot of my files. The other reasons are manageable because they have to do with my exporting, and the preview image.

What is strange is that I previously submitted some artwork in the same manner, the rejection was merely about having a property release, with no mention of raster elements in my files. I believe this was an error as there are no raster elements in my files, let alone all 20 files I submitted. I'm at loss.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I can no longer provide an exported image, as Adobe does this automatically, so I do not understand the final error.

• You didn't use anti-aliasing when exporting your vector file to JPEG, so there are problems with lines on the JPEG files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto traced images are generally not preferred. Are you the owner of the original images that you traced? If not, thats another reason they would reject those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin, yes I am the owner of everything I trace. I do not use images I do not own. Never have, never will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any drop shadows or other effects which are converted to rasters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all. I do not use those kinds of effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you "add" this?

Did you upload it to Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes apologies, I uploaded them to adobe stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.

I don't know if that is how you created that design, but it looks like you autotraced a raster image. That kind of process is not what stock companies want to have in the portfolio or what people want to buy from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why didn't Adobe just say this in the rejection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume they are using text modules and there is no text module for that case? But honestly, I don't know. You could ask in the Adobe Stock forum https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/ct-p/ct-stock?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&lang=all&ta...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try releasing the Compound Path in your artwork - does that resolve the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I shall try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines