• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VCruntime140_1.dll error while launching Illustrator 2020 on Windows 7

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday everything was fine. Today I get a message that says "the program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. How do I reinstall Illustrator or how do add the dll file?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt Visual C++ redistributable files. Please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html and let us know if it helps you out.
Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening all!

I’m  wanting to design a logo for my niece so downloaded a trial of illustrator after failed attempts in photoshop. For the past 4 hours I’ve been getting an error of ‘this program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer.’ 

Noe I’ve tried most things people recommend and I still can’t get it to work. Reinstalling the app, repairing MSVC2017 and reinstalling MSVC++2015. 

Any ideas? I’d love to have a  play around! 

Many thanks 🙂 

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with Illustrator. Only happening in Illustrator version 24.1.1. After an hour of hitting the same wall, I just went back to 24.1 and everything is working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just logged onto my desktop to read the forums and have seen theres a few. I'm guessing I won't be able to do anything with the trail version then?

Pleased you're up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, you're a genius haha. I didn't know you could install older versions... has done the trick thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try following suggestions given on community discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/vcruntime140-1-dll-error-while-launching-illustrator-2020... and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 2020 new version of PS AI & ID , when I start the Illustrator I get error message saying that "VCRUNTIME140.dll" is  missing and that i should try reinstalling. Have already tried a couple of times but no success - any suggestions? eyal

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install Visual Studio 2015 redistibutable.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

However, Windows 7 is no longer supported.
Considering the risk, you should shift to Windows 10 instead of continuing to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the suite mainly FOR Illustrator and I've un(installed) multiple times and on a new ASUS Zenbook computer.  Been having issues for a month now...

Today, I was finally able to get this error message.Illustrator_Error_Message.PNG

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try following the steps given on this help article. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines