• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 151 while downloading Illustrator on macOS.

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried many times and still unable to download Illustrator, continue to get: Error Code: 151. Unable to create the symbolic link.

Just bought an iMac Pro...any answers or help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 5.51.50.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Are you trying to install apps directly from the Adobe website? As Monica says, you need to download the Creative Cloud Desktop app first. Once that is on your machine (you will find it in your application folder), launch it and you will be asked to sign in with your Adobe ID. Once it is launched you should see the Creative Cloud logo in the upper right of your Mac’s menu bar. Clicking on that logo will make the desktop app drop down from the menu bar. Within the app that drops down you will see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the Creative Cloud app and then install via its interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install apps directly from the Adobe website? As Monica says, you need to download the Creative Cloud Desktop app first. Once that is on your machine (you will find it in your application folder), launch it and you will be asked to sign in with your Adobe ID. Once it is launched you should see the Creative Cloud logo in the upper right of your Mac’s menu bar. Clicking on that logo will make the desktop app drop down from the menu bar. Within the app that drops down you will see an apps tab. Click on that and all available Creative Cloud programs appear and will be available for install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I've scrubbed my Mac of all old CC files, and re-downloaded with the updated CC app.  All other programs (Premiere, Rush, Media Encoder) have downloaded with no issues, but Illustrator continues to give me the Error 151 message.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request following instructions given on help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error151) and see if it helps. Please enter the error code in the box provided and get the instructions accordingly. I am attaching a screenshot for reference:

Screenshot_3.jpg

If it does not help, use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing installation. Once done, install again using help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/download-creative-cloud-apps.html).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines