Highlighted

How to enter decimal values as CMYK without Illustrator automatically rounding/changing these

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enter decimal values as CMYK colors, Illustrator automatically rounds them. Is it possible to avoid this? For example, I am entering C=0 M=13.5 Y=7.14 K=0 for a very specific color given by our printer, but when I go back to check, it's automatically rounded to C=0 M=13 Y=7 K=0

I apprecaite your advise. Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to enter decimal values as CMYK without Illustrator automatically rounding/changing these

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enter decimal values as CMYK colors, Illustrator automatically rounds them. Is it possible to avoid this? For example, I am entering C=0 M=13.5 Y=7.14 K=0 for a very specific color given by our printer, but when I go back to check, it's automatically rounded to C=0 M=13 Y=7 K=0

I apprecaite your advise. Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you double click the swatch, those values should still be there.

Does this really make a difference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message. The values automatically are rounded off when I click the swatch again. They don't stay the way I enter them (i.e, with decimals).

My client requested a specific color to match packaging and the CMYK values she gave me (from her printer) have decimals. Her printer thought there was a setting that would allow decimals to be entered, but none that I can find. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it as well and than tested the colors they actually the smae color like the one you need to imput. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you clicking the swatch in the Swatches panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0