Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator: Fill shape made of lines?

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 19.21.46.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-28 at 19.22.02.png

Hi, I'm very new to Illustrator and am using online tutorials to help me. I have made this shape using individual lines, however all I want to do is fill the centre of it, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. I have tried the paint tool and fill. As you can see I have expanded it to make into outlined paths (sorry my vocabulary is very basic). Please may someone advise on how I might be able to fill this shape I have made, or advise a better way to design this if I shouldn't have made this via individual lines!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Select the separate shapes and go to Object > Live Paint > Make. Use the Live Paint bucket tool (K) to fill the shapes. Here's more informarion about the Live Paint feature: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the separate shapes and go to Object > Live Paint > Make. Use the Live Paint bucket tool (K) to fill the shapes. Here's more informarion about the Live Paint feature: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines