Highlighted

Install older version of Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to install an older versoin of Illustrator in 2019?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by ProDesignTools | Most Valuable Participant

Actually you should be able to install an older version of Illustrator using the Creative Cloud direct download links.

For example, according to Adobe's system requirements for prior releases, Illustrator CC 2018 is supported on Windows 8.1, if that's what you're looking for.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Install older version of Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to install an older versoin of Illustrator in 2019?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by ProDesignTools | Most Valuable Participant

Actually you should be able to install an older version of Illustrator using the Creative Cloud direct download links.

For example, according to Adobe's system requirements for prior releases, Illustrator CC 2018 is supported on Windows 8.1, if that's what you're looking for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a CC subscription you can install any version between CS6 and the current one.

If it runs stable, depends on your system

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 0
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Creative Cloud App click the down arrow next to the Illustrator Open button. Choose Manage and then Other Versions. You will see all the versions going back to CS6 that you can install. You can also have multiple versions installed at the same time.

illustrator-previous-versions.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! The new 23.0.2 upgrade had my cursor furiously flashin', and my head was ret to explode!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 0
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

That flashing cursor sounds bad. Maybe you want to post a question about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other versions don't show in my menu. Only the latest version for each program

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here... these options do not show. So how to get the older versions back?

Adobe CC, all apps annual subscription, Windows 8.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Michael Bullo's answer no longer applies.  Last year Adobe policy changed, and currently only the latest and one version back may be downloaded from the CC app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good explanation for this. So... what now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent version of the CC app has a slightly different interface:

Click the 3 dots and click Other Versions from the menu:

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 15.03.26.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's where it should be found indeed. Unfortunately, this interface doesn't apply to mine on Windows 8.1. There is only the "learn more" option, that's it. So we need an alternative path for download. We really do! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator do you have installed?

The latest version of Illustrator does not support Windows 8.1, so it is possible that the version you have installed is the only one you can install.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no one yet. That's the point 🙂

I have the subscription since I've seen those hints to the possibilities with the older versions, so I thought it would be fine. In the past it was never an issue to download older CS versions, back more than 10 years. This is strange...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only access the 2020 and 2019 versions via the CC app, and neither of those are compatible with Windows 8.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast reply. Well, that's very sad and doesn't correspond with the published information on the various Adobe support websites.

I need access to a version compatible with Windows 8.1. So... what are the direct links for that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no direct links visible to the public. You will need to get in touch with Customer Service and explain your problem. They will be able to send you a private message with a link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so then I'll do that... again :).

Today I've tried a CHAT contact with customer support. After 35 minutes of waiting, the contact established but stopped working after 5 min. Then I tried a phone call with a swiss support number - again no contact, with the German speaking support. They asked me to try the English support - which I did. After another 10 min of waiting I gave up on that, too. So... actually both of you are the only way of getting into contact with Adobe, so far, thanks for that.

I remember some issues with a CS 5.5 product, some years ago. No problem with direct phone contact. Situations like the one today have never appeared before. Strange actually...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We aren't a direct conduit to support, strictly speaking, but I will try and get hold of forum staff and see if they can get you help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone contacted you as a result, but the advice I received was that my first answer was correct: there is no version of Illustrator available via Adobe that supports Windows 8.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed nobody has contacted me, and with the normal support channels I had no luck at all. Disappointing...

However with the provided links below I could download and install an older version with success. I think Adobe support policy definitely needs some refinement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you indeed!

In the older versions of the Adobe support site, there has been an extensive list for all older versions of CS tools, such as that one. This is very important to people who use to work with various computers.

I'll give it a try and see, whether those older versions work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I could install an older version using the links you have provided.

I don't understand that Adobe doesn't provide these links anymore within the CC Application. This yould be very important...

All works fine, thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 2
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, happy to help – and glad to hear it! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me tremendously for work. Thank you so much! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet, great to hear and thanks for letting us know!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0