• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to change page size moving other pages in spread or...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloes,

I have a simple project, a cover for a postcard set. But... I don't know in advance how many postcards will be there, be it 10 or 20 which makes quite a difference for a spine-page width. Is there a way to:

a) change page width within a spread in a way that spread will accomodate to the changes and move pages left and right accordingly (so these magenta pages might be 6 or 12 mm and pages won't overlap after changing the size)
b) create spread with gaps between pages, but export as a pdf without those gaps?
c) create whole project as separate pages and create a spread on export?
d) some other solutions?

Thanks!

image.png

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Hi @mareks91824553 , If you setup your spread in a Facing Pages document, a change in page sizes will keep the spread together. Here I’ve selected the 2nd page in the spread with the Pages tool, and set its width to 12mm in the Transform panel:

Screen Shot 25.png

If I change the width the spread pages stay together. Looks like your doc is setup with Facing pages turned off.

Screen Shot 26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Pages panel - you can select page and on the bottom left you can click icon and set different size. 

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it won't work as I need to - unless there's some switch or option I should toggle or turn either on or off.
After changing page size with "Edit page size option" spread gets mangled:

mareks91824553_0-1659699809825.png

When changing master's size pages overlap:

mareks91824553_1-1659699865492.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mareks91824553 , If you setup your spread in a Facing Pages document, a change in page sizes will keep the spread together. Here I’ve selected the 2nd page in the spread with the Pages tool, and set its width to 12mm in the Transform panel:

Screen Shot 25.png

If I change the width the spread pages stay together. Looks like your doc is setup with Facing pages turned off.

Screen Shot 26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rob day, you saved the day 😉 Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if we could see how the file is currently set up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines