• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Align spreads with different page sizes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help - I have a document set up for a digital publication in which there are a few spreads which have pages of different heights. I want these to read aligned at their top edge, however with the InDesign default of aligning centrally I can't find a way of how to acheive this. Can anyone provide a solution? Would be much appreciated.

Ryan29662700e42p_0-1682870184188.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the page with the Page Tool, then drag to the desired position 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Frans, however that's not what I'm looking to achieve here - instead of moving the page between spreads, I am looking for the spread to align along the top edge rather than its central axis. See below: 

Ryan29662700e42p_0-1682874628664.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you drag the page to that position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it! Powerful feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Page Tool - from the "main" toolbox - don't move pages on the Pages Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I haven't used that before as a means of handling pages. Thanks both - problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Page tool gives you the most precision for moving pages. In addition to dragging pages up and down as @Frans v.d. Geest suggests, you can also change the Y (vertical) position of the page in the Control panel as shown in this example where page 2 is positioned lower than pages 1 and 3.

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 11.36.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ryan29662700e42p ,

you could select both pages with the Page Tool and use the Align command from the Align panel as well.

When both pages are selected, make sure that the option is enabled, that page contents will be moved with the page.

From my German InDesign where this option is enabled in the Control panel ( note, the Properties panel is missing that option ) :

AlignPages-0.png

Both pages selected with the Page tool together with the Align panel:

AlignPages-1.png

Result:

AlignPages-2.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines