Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative to type 1 font: Barmeno

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We have been using Barmeno as our main font for all of our materials.  But now the Barmeno is not supported anymor.  Please can you suggest an alternative (prefer at long term solution).

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That font is available in other formats. Just swap it out for an Opentype version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob

Thanks for the reply.  I am a novice at this - so if you could name a good alternative, I will be forever grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @BobLevine says is that you can simply acquire an OpenType version of Barmeno, here: https://www.myfonts.com/package/251131/

or here: https://www.bertholdtypes.com/font/barmeno/pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Any Postcript Fonts (Type 1) can just be converted into OTF font.
If you have purchased them already hand having used them for quite a while, no need to pay extra money. Just convert the whole thing with online converters, like the one below.

https://convertio.co/fr/ps-otf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font EULAs do not always allow format conversions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point.
Needs to be verified prior to do the conversion 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what to do? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you want to buy the OTF version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries - I want to buy it!  But how to be sure I am buying the right one(s)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has been awhile since any type foundries have offered Type1 fonts—the Berthold link @jmlevy posted is OTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find the foundry infos on your old Type 1 font invoice or read the informations on the font file itself. If you use a font manager, you also shoud be able to find these informations. If you don't find them, share your font file and I will be able (or someone else) to find the foundry. Of course, I will delete the font files from my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cheapest way would be to go to Google Fonts and use an alternative to your liking.
The more formal way would be to purchase the new OTF Font

Depends on how much the company want to keep that font. Everything has a price ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines