Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Indesign floue sur écran ultra haute résolution 4K

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

je viens d'acquérir un ordinateur portable ASUS ProArt avec un écran ultra haute résolution (3840 x 2400 pixels). Il fonctionne sur Windows 11. Après installation de la creative cloud, l'application Indesign est floue (mais pas les autres telles que Photoshop et Illustrator qui sont bien nettes). Je précise que c'est toute l'application qui est floue (les textes des menus, les icônes...), pas seulement la création.

Aucun des paramètres de réglage de Windows 11 n'a fonctionné jusqu'à présent (via réglages Système > Ecran, ou encore via un clic droit sur l'EXE, puis > Compatibilité > Modifier les paramètres PPP élevés).
C'est comme si Indesign n'était pas prévu pour ce type d'écran en haute résolution.

Une précision supplémentaire, Indesign est bien net sur mon moniteur externe. 
D'autres personnes sont-elles confrontées au même problème et avez-vous trouové une solution ?

Voici une capture écran : à gauche on voit les menus Indesign qui sont flous (bien que ce soit atténué par la faible résolution de l'outil de capture d'écran) et à droite les menus de Photoshop qui sont nets.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sandra2433,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the screenshot! I can understand how frustrating it must be to have the InDesign interface appear blurry on your new high-resolution screen, especially when other apps like Photoshop are displaying correctly.

Could you please confirm which version of InDesign you’re using and ensure that you're running the latest version? Additionally, could you share any other details about your setup, including Windows 11 version?

I recommend trying the following solution:

1. Right-click the "InDesign.exe" file or its shortcut.
2. Select "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab.
3. Under "Settings", click on "Change high DPI settings".
4. Check the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior", and in the dropdown, select "System (Enhanced)".
5. Apply the changes and restart InDesign to see if it resolves the blurriness.

This setting often helps with display issues on 4K or UHD screens. Let me know how it goes or if you need further assistance!

Thanks, 
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I've already tried that (and all the possible settings in that Windows pannel "Compatibility") : it doesn't change anything in Indesign appearance, which still blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might then experiment with hunting through the monitor display settings (likely using its remote control). Somewhere under Picture Settings, it might be set to something odd. Try setting it to Native Resolution. My experience is that every TV and monitor seems to have a different way of describing that part of its system. For example, on a TV I recently connected to, the correct setting for a crisp FullHD image was an oddly named "Screen > Unscaled". You might test a different HDMI cable, too, if that is what you are connecting with.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your answer, I'm going to study again the display settings.
One thing more, you seems to talk about an extern monitor, or I have no problem with my ProArt Monitor (1920 x 1080 pixels) connected to the laptop. Indesign is perfectly sharp on the extern monitor which has a lower resolution. The problem is with the laptop computer itself !  Any other idea ? 
Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I run InDesign on my 4K Dell XPS-15 without issue.

Things to check:

Make sure your OS Settings for Scale and Display Resolution are both set to "Recommended"

image.png

Set InDesign's User Interface Scaling to Small (for now).

image.png

Uncheck all the Compatbility setting on the exe file.

image.pngimage.png

What happens in InDesign?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines