• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Availability of InDesign 2023 (v.18)

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier this week, some of my Italian clients have had their Creative Cloud App automatically install InDesign 2023 (and uninstall 2022) during the night. But, try as I may, I cannot get my CC app to propose anything other than the pre-release version of 2023. Anyone else seeing 2023 available for installation ?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Hi @Olivier Beltrami ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if your colleagues in Italy are on the public releases or beta releases? The reason I am asking this question is that, recently, we rolled out the new update of the InDesign public version, which is being done in phases, and Italy was among the regions in which the update was rolled out in that phase. Possibly the auto-update on their CC was on, and it auto-updated. If you're not seeing an update on your end, plea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting. Probably making a post to the Prerelease forum would bring more attention to this issue. I will try and see if I can get any information on this in the meanwhile

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point; I'll repost to the pre-release forum.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Olivier Beltrami ,

avoid uninstalling older versions at any cost!

There is an option that can be unselected in the installing process, if you avoid to install any Creative Cloud app automatically.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

That is an alarming situation that a supposedly prerelease version is removing the major version and then there is no way the client are able to get download options for CC2022 version. If this issue happens a bit more widely we could have a troublesome situation at hand

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release version of InDesign CC 2023 arrived this morning, I checked carefully on both my Macs. BY DEFAULT, Removed Older Versions is NOT turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a sticky choice and can vary from one app to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, for example, the Remove Older Versions is turned for Illustrator by default. But for all apps you get to choose which you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's way too long ago to remember exactly but I seem to remember removing them as the default unless you selected advanced. I've always kept them installed for a while and then eventually kill off the third version back. So right now I have 21,22 and 23 installed. If everything's fine with 23 I'll uninstall 21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that option turned off, as I keep all versions of ID since 2019 installed to be able to support users that are still using these versions. But many of my users are set with the default installation settings which automatically update and delete previous versions 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Olivier Beltrami ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if your colleagues in Italy are on the public releases or beta releases? The reason I am asking this question is that, recently, we rolled out the new update of the InDesign public version, which is being done in phases, and Italy was among the regions in which the update was rolled out in that phase. Possibly the auto-update on their CC was on, and it auto-updated. If you're not seeing an update on your end, please bear with us the update will be available in your region soon. 

If your colleagues were on the Beta release, please share your colleagues, Adobe ID, phone number, & a suitable time to get in touch through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari,

Thank you for your message.

My Italian users are normal users (no beta and no pre-release).

As I write this the 2023 version is now available in my CC app.

I'll check if there is a new version of the SDK and otherwise use my latest plugin.

Very best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve Werner said: "The release version of InDesign CC 2023 arrived this morning, I checked carefully on both my Macs. BY DEFAULT, Removed Older Versions is NOT turned on."

Hi Steve,

from my recent experience:

If you login to Creative Cloud after you installed a new user on a machine you never worked with and you never logged in with your Adobe ID on the pre-installed Creative Cloud Desktop App, the option is NOT sticky over all your machines you ar using with your Adobe ID. In my case a Windows 10 laptop and now also a Mac. The same if you do that with a new Adobe ID. I did that recently, the option to remove older versions is TURNED ON BY DEFAULT.

The first thing I did on this machine, a Mac, was to turn off auto-update.

This way I had the chance to turn off the option to remove older versions when I installed InDesign 2022 when prompted.

And that option was enabled by default.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CAN'T OPEN THE ADOBE INDSIGN APP THE PROGRAM IS OPENING THE SERVICE REGISTRATION SAY START STARTING WHAT SHOULD I DO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @betül26845504s48h ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a screenshot of the screen you're getting after launching InDesign? We'll also need the version of InDesign & OS. We'll try our best to assist you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines