Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best practices

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing documents online

• It’s good practice to use the â€˜Invite Only’ option for confidential documents. This option allows you to add users using their email addresses to restrict access to the shared document. 
  • You can find the ‘Public settings’ option under the more options in the lower right corner of the share panel to allow commenting for public users. This option is only available when access settings for the review are set to public. 
  • Another best practice would be to check the timestamp next to the update link option to know when you last updated the link. 
  • Do not forget to double-check for the Adobe ID for the reviewer on which you’d share the document for review. This will help in avoiding confusion when the reviewer is prompted to log in. Feel free to share Reviewing the document-FAQ <link to the FAQ doc> with your reviewers. 
  • If you’re setting the password to the document shared, the password needs to complete all the requirements for the save button to get active. 

Review documents online

• When we click on @ (mention icon) a list of all the invited stakeholders and designers pop up. 
  • If you incorrectly marked a comment as resolved, change your Filter status to Resolved, then click Move to Unresolved from the more options icon. 

Manage feedback in InDesign 

• In case of multiple review comments, click on the comment to see its location in the document. 
  • If you are not receiving notification emails from Adobe, please go through the help document here: Didn’t receive Adobe email 
  • If you incorrectly marked a comment as resolved, change your Filter status to Resolved, then click Move to Unresolved from the more options icon. 
  • When we click on @ (mention icon) a list of all the invited stakeholders and designers pop up. 
  • A comment becomes unmapped if the page on which it was made is deleted but for the reviewer, they remain at the same position. 
  • If an object with an annotation is moved over to another page, the comment associated with it also gets mapped to the new page but for the reviewer, they remain at the same position. 

For FAQs on the Share for Review, see  InDesign Share for Review - FAQ. 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a share for review, and the published link looks like it made a low res version. Is there a way to give them a hi-res so I don't hear from them that it is pixelated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're seeing a low-res version of the file when shared because that's a copy that you've shared and not the actual file that you're working on. 

The high-res file would be if you save it on the CC and then share it with the reviewers but with that, the reviewing tools won't be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to see Share for Review's rapidly improving.

I have two questions:

1) Can you create a Share for Review on one PC, and then (for example when at home) take a copy of the .indd file home and Update Link the Share for Review from a different PC?

2) What is the best thing to do when you click Update Link and, after two hours, you still see the blue "hour glass equivalent) spinning? Sometimes I have been able to exit InDesign and restart it and then able to Update Link. This time, restarting didn't work. When this happened before, I was able to (evantually) delete the Share for Review and create a new one. But then I had to send out a revised link to the reviewers.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion. 🙂

1. It should work as the Share for Review feature is mainly an InDesign function that is linked to the Adobe ID and not the file so you can open any file and sign in with your same Adobe ID to access the functionality.

2. As I mentioned, the functionality is linked to your Adobe ID and therefore is completely dependent on your network connection.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines