Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bizarre behaviour of a hyperlink

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have created a document with a number of hyperlinks to URLs.  I then export it to a PDF and, with the exception of one, they all work as expected.  I cannot see why that one doesn't work.  Clicking on the link in the PDF brings up the page with "Safari can't open this page".  The address has changed from 

http://www.priaulxlibrary.co.uk to https://www.priaulxlibrary.co.uk%20 and there is no logical reason, that I can see, for that.  I have entered the URL manually, I've copied it from the site, and I have ticked and unticked the shared URL box and it still doesn't link from the PDF.  Within InDesign, going to "Go to destination" in the Hyperlink menu, takes you to the website, no problem.  

As far as I can gather, the %20 indicates that there is a space in the URL but that is not the case!

Does anyone have any idea what on earth is going on?

I am baffled.  

Thanks.

InDesign CC22,  and running Montery

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Hi guys,

The problem has been solved and it was Adobe Acrobat causing the hiccup.  I was saving the amended pdf and 'overwriting' the existing PDF file - however when I opened up, what I thought, was the overwritten file, Acrobat was just re-loading what it had in its cache so whatever changes I had made, were not reflected in the loaded document.  That took me about an hour to figure out!

The moral of the story is, if using Acrobat reader, quit it and reload, don't expect it to re-load the lates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the s to the https in the first link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

Thanks but, as you can see in my reply, the problem is solved.

It is an issue that I will send to Adobe Acrobat.

Regards.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ianhgsy ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please try the steps shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967520 to share the file. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks but, as you can see in my reply, the problem is solved.

It is an issue that I will send to Adobe Acrobat.

Regards.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

The problem has been solved and it was Adobe Acrobat causing the hiccup.  I was saving the amended pdf and 'overwriting' the existing PDF file - however when I opened up, what I thought, was the overwritten file, Acrobat was just re-loading what it had in its cache so whatever changes I had made, were not reflected in the loaded document.  That took me about an hour to figure out!

The moral of the story is, if using Acrobat reader, quit it and reload, don't expect it to re-load the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines