• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: PNG Import Filter.IndesignPlugin - File could not be opened – Datei kann nicht geöffnet werden

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das Problem trat spontan in Indesign 2024 (19.4) auf. Neuinstallation hilft nicht. Jemand eine Idee, wie ich die Datei retten kann?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Betriebssystem MacOS Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screenshot it looks you are Opening instead of Placing the png file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the problem occurs when i try to open the corrupted indesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das Problem trat spontan in Indesign 2024 (19.4) auf. Neuinstallation hilft nicht. Jemand eine Idee, wie ich die Datei retten kann?

By @agenturimturm

Try to export the file to IDML, then open. Normally, it should remove external plugin dependencies. (Unless this error is a new bug similar to the one that caused problems between InDesign 19.2 and 19.3 versions.) Anyway, try IDML and see if it solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem occurs when i try to open the indesign file. so no way to export to idml.
i tryed https://ixsavebackgenerator.de/idsb/web/service/index_en.jsp for converting indd to idml online, but this does not work either – because the file is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to export an IDML file without opening it:

// blindOpen_and_IDML-Export.jsx 

var _file = File.openDialog("InDesign-Datei"); // Auswahl einer Datei 
if(_file != null) 
{ 
	var d = app.open(_file, false); // Öffnen der Datei, ohne sie anzuzeigen 
	d.exportFile(ExportFormat.INDESIGN_MARKUP,  File(_file.fullName.replace(/.indd$/i,'.idml'))); // Export im IDML-Format 
	d.close(SaveOptions.NO); // Schließen ohne zu sichern 
} 

Save this code in a text file and change it ending to .js

Put it there, where your scripts are and let it run and follow the instructions.

Did you embed the PNG file or did you link it as external asset? Embedding is the main cause of corrupted file.

Why do you use PNG? I recommend always never to use it in InDesign as itcauses often problems. If it has transparency, use PSD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx – but same error.
i am not sure about the PNG. but i will avoid it in the future …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you link or embed the graphic file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the PNG was linked to an placed indd-doc … in wich i now dumped the PNG files.
but now i saw i got an corrupted indd-doc imported also … which could not be repaired … its geting worse …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @agenturimturm,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your InDesign file. To help us diagnose and resolve the problem, could you please share the InDesign file and any linked images? This will allow us to check the files on our end and try to find a solution.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Anshul_Saini , i did send the file to idfile@adobe.com and got the message today that the file could not be repaired …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@agenturimturm, thanks for trying that. Could you please upload the problematic files to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me here or via DM? I'll do my best to help you troubleshoot and find a solution. Thanks!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L72CpkbeS43LD5vH8ld_sITI3QAv80oG?usp=sharing

By @agenturimturm

I could open this file successfully on my Mac:

leor_0-1719859277869.png

but couldn't open this one due to the same plug-in error that you experience:

leor_1-1719859326616.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @leo.r  would you mind export the file you opened as an idml-file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @leo.r  would you mind export the file you opened as an idml-file?

By @agenturimturm

Well. It didn't work out, unfortunately.

When I attempted to export the document to IDML, InDesign got stuck on activating fonts in Background Tasks. Not sure why as all fonts were missing, but I didn't get a chance to explore it further.

After relaunching InDesign, I couldn't open this document anymore. InDesign crashed on attempt to open this file (just like it crashed when opening the other one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dear @leo.r, thank you for trying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have send the other damaged file – but did not get an answer yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also tryed to open it with indesign 2023 (18.5.3) which said it could not beopend because its newer version but tryed to convert: same as the online-service: could not converted to idml …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like a corrupted indd file (2024) could not open without this. but i cant find any hint where to get it or where to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines