• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I reuse, access and edit the InDesign file after cancelling the susbscription?

Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm formatting a book using InDesign, and hope to be finished with the formatting within a month. If I pass on the files to a printer successfully (and iterate with the printer, as required), then cancel the  subscription, will my *.indd files still be accessable, useable, and editable if I ever have the need to subscribe to InDesign again, say 6-12 months from now?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Your INDD files are yours to keep, frame, start campfires or lock in a safe deposit box. Don't leave them in Adobe cloud storage, though. Keep them local (which is the better way to work with them anyway). Back them up appropriately. But Adobe retains no interest or access control to files you create.

(Which is unlike some of the online/subscription services, where you do indeed lose access to your files, if not lose the files permanently, when you stop subscribing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

As James says, but make sure you store them somewhere accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your INDD files are yours to keep, frame, start campfires or lock in a safe deposit box. Don't leave them in Adobe cloud storage, though. Keep them local (which is the better way to work with them anyway). Back them up appropriately. But Adobe retains no interest or access control to files you create.

(Which is unlike some of the online/subscription services, where you do indeed lose access to your files, if not lose the files permanently, when you stop subscribing.)

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James: Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As James says, but make sure you store them somewhere accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have some IBM DisplayWriter 8" floppies on file, from my first book. Not sure why. 🙂

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some old 8" Compugraphic Typesetter floppies somewhere around here myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob: Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have files saved in the Adobe cloud storage, then, cancelled my subscription. Can I still acess them if I re-activated my subscription after a month? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe, but don't take the chance. Download them immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines